Has anyone tried the GNC Total Lean Fast Loss kit?

Options
curious as to results

Replies

• Luber905
    Options
    Sorry, girl. May as well call it the Total Lean Waste Of Money Kit.

The pre-diet cleanse is useless, since your body is an extremely efficient machine that does its own excellent job of getting rid of toxins. There is no such thing as a "build-up of toxins" unless you have some level of failure of a major organ or 2. Oh, the disclaimer on the cleanse? "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration."

Instead of a Meal Replacement Shake, have an apple or orange or both. Add a glass of soy milk for a great low-fat source of protein and calcium.

The Burn 60 "thermogenic formula" is... I dunno. But it promises to increase your metabolism after a work-out. Hmmm... this happens because of the work-out, not because of anything you eat. It has caffeine, but you can get as much from a large cup of coffee. (I personally like caffeine before a work-out, it does help my energy levels.) Support your work-out with adequate protein and carbohydrates before and after and you'll get the full benefit, without some expensive supplement. Check the disclaimer about Burn 60: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration."

"Waterex", which is supposed to help use water in your body. But all it claims to be is a potassium and magnesium supplement to boost your body electrolytes. Again the banana for potassium, and find room for some almonds, shredded wheat or oatmeal in your diet for magnesium. You'll get more than you need. Again, about the Waterex claims, "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration."

The "Green Tea Complex"..? There's no literature I know of that shows green tea supports weight loss. Except, of course, for the caffeine. Green tea has about 75% of the caffeine that coffee does. Have a cup of real green tea if you want the benefits, not some artificial-ized extract.

There are only 3 ways to lose weight; decrease your calorie intake while maintaining your exercise level, increase your exercise level while maintaining your calorie intake, or boost your exercise and lower your calories at the same time. There are dozens of places like MyFitnessPal that are a good way to keep track of your calorie intake as long as you're honest about what you eat.

Good luck, and save your money on the gimmicks!