Nike Training Club app- Anyone?

Hey MFP peeps!

I just recently started using the Nike Training Club app and I think I've fallen in love! Anybody else using this awesome FREE program? If so, how do you switch the program up and how have your results been?

I'm a runner and run close to 20 miles/week, but I'm looking to substitute this in for my strength training/lifting that I normally do 2x/week.

Advice/suggestions?

Replies

• kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Anybody???
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Curious as well. I just stumbled across it last week. Today was going to be my first trial of the app.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    I use it and love it! I haven't used if lately but it has lot of great little workouts.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    I just did the 15 minute shoulder shaper and I must say that was not at all easy. I have very weak shoulders so I planned on using the app just for that. After having now done 1 of the workouts I'm curious to see how the other ones are. I am trying to stay away from the leg exercises though because I am trying to get them conditioned to running.
  • kuwashima
    kuwashima Posts: 10 Member
    I have the app and love it. That said, I used it a lot last year but haven't done it since January because my husband and I started P90X. I'm onto Insanity now but I love the Nike workouts when we're out of town.
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    I just did the 15 minute shoulder shaper and I must say that was not at all easy. I have very weak shoulders so I planned on using the app just for that. After having now done 1 of the workouts I'm curious to see how the other ones are. I am trying to stay away from the leg exercises though because I am trying to get them conditioned to running.

Same here. New to the nike app and trying to start up running. Seems like a good combination. "Training total 196 min"
  • I've used the NTC app here and there for awhile now. It's really great if you're sick of your usual routine or are new and don't know where to start. I personally really like the "Get Focused" workouts, because they're only 15 minutes, so I can't say I didn't have the time. Plus, if I'm feeling a little down about a specific area, in fifteen minutes I can feel like I've done something to make it better.

They're challenging too. More than once I've woken up the next day more sore than I thought I would be.
  • sidewinder76
    sidewinder76 Posts: 287
    I gotta say I do use it. The Men's
    version isn't as good as the Women's...so I use that. It gives me a great workout when I need it!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    I have it. I have tried, but the work is very intensive. I have weak arms...it's arm heavy.

That being said, I'm still going to try to get back into it again.
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    I'm going to do the 15 min Core crunch regularly. Should I do the exercise every other day or can i do it every day? I'm thinking about muscle recovery.
  • Jul685
    Jul685 Posts: 81
    I just downloaded it and did my first workout today... the 30 min heartthrob! I'm in love already. I'll be doing it in addition to the gym, running, bike riding, etc.
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    I usually choose one of the get focused workouts and do them for strength training. I also like doing the 30 ,impute workouts a lot. Just pick based on what muscles you need to workout that day! That's what I do and it world for me!
  • haymck123
    haymck123 Posts: 21 Member
    Just signed up, bought my Dumbells, skipping rope and resistance band to do the workouts! Do you think a medicine ball and box are necessary too? I'm excited!
  • I am about to begin this afternoon. I hope i enjoy it because it seems like a great workout.