Screwy ankle

Options
nomeejerome
nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
So, if my ankle does not feel better in a couple of days I am going to the doctor. However, I thought I would throw the issue out there because I am curious to see if anybody else has experienced this....

Yesterday there was a shooting pain in my right ankle. It was on the inner side and I had to kind of wait until it went away before I could walk without a limp. (think wait until charlie horse is done) Throughout the day it would not hurt at all and then bam! shooting pain again. It would then be tender for a little bit (on the inside of the ankle) and I would limp around, but then no pain for awhile.

Today, it is a bit tender when I walk and at moments it feels like somebody is pulling on the inside of my foot from the toes and heel in the opposite direction. :grumble: and then shooting pain :frown:

And all of this came out of the blue.....I could understand if I was in the middle of a workout or something, but it seems like the pain just came on at random.

Has anybody else had this happen?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    Options
    anybody?
  • ThePageStaysBlank
    Options
    I've always had messed up ankles. (My feet are too flat, and my ankles too skinny)
    It could be a sprain. Years back I twisted my ankle snow-skiing. At the time I couldn't stand without falling down, and for about a week I was limping around. After the swelling went down and I got stronger I figured everything was fine. Months later, Bam!, I about feel down in a Walmart parking lot because of a shooting pain in my ankle.

Unlike your pain, mine went away immediately. I would have pegged it a fluke but it happened about once or twice a month after the first time. Finally I went to see a doctor and did a few physical therapy sessions. I still have problems with my ankles, even though the sprain happened almost ten years ago. But now I can tell when I'm having a "bad ankle" day (it usually feels like my ankels are going to collapse inward).

Sounds like it's not going to get better, since it only seems to be getting worse. I'd have a doctor look at it. In the future, you might want to wear an ankle brace to keep from overexerting it.
  • nomeejerome
    Options
    I've always had messed up ankles. (My feet are too flat, and my ankles too skinny)
    It could be a sprain. Years back I twisted my ankle snow-skiing. At the time I couldn't stand without falling down, and for about a week I was limping around. After the swelling went down and I got stronger I figured everything was fine. Months later, Bam!, I about feel down in a Walmart parking lot because of a shooting pain in my ankle.

Unlike your pain, mine went away immediately. I would have pegged it a fluke but it happened about once or twice a month after the first time. Finally I went to see a doctor and did a few physical therapy sessions. I still have problems with my ankles, even though the sprain happened almost ten years ago. But now I can tell when I'm having a "bad ankle" day (it usually feels like my ankels are going to collapse inward).

Sounds like it's not going to get better, since it only seems to be getting worse. I'd have a doctor look at it. In the future, you might want to wear an ankle brace to keep from overexerting it.

Yeah, I have sprained my ankles many times before when I was younger, but this time there is no swelling at all and it is a different feeling. :huh: At times, a dull pain would extend up my leg to my knee? Weird.