College?

Options
Anybody else here going to college? I need someone who knows what it's like! I'm goin' through paramedic school right now, have a 5 and 6 year old, both with ADHD, and a 1 year old! Aye aye aye! It's been slow-goin'. My husband is also in college!

Replies

• stevenbrookwood
    stevenbrookwood Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just finished about three months ago.

I wish you the best, I know the pain!
  • igniteaerials
    igniteaerials Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    After taking some time off, I am going back to college in the fall for my business degree. It's all online so I wont be physically going to class, I just need to be disciplined enough to actually DO my classes! Am thinking about getting some sort of schedule that will mix study time with workout time.
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    I am in college now. I just graduated and recieved an Associates in Fitness and nutrition and now working on my BA in Logistics. It is tough but worth it in the long run
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have been off for the summer. In just 4 weeks the next semester starts, Radiology school!!! I also have a very hyper active 7 year old and a two year old. My husband works to support us. It is HARD! :drinker:
  • Ahenrie
    Ahenrie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @igniteaerials I took online classes for 2 1/2 years. You will love the convenience!

@Bull2707 That is awesome!

@nolongerXXL I ALMOST went for Radiology! I think it is fascinating! My husband is working to support us as well, but only part time because of our school schedules. Everything is pretty rough right now! Best of luck to you!

@StevenBrookeWo Very cool and thank you!

It's encouraging to know I am not the only one in this situation! I graduate next year, thank goodness! I am looking forward to being finished with school- I have gone spring, summer, and fall semester every year since Fall 2010!
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    after I got it done i said the same thing but I need to keep going. Transition from now to then especially gettin gout of the military after 20 years i want to be able to have total control of the next chapter of my life. training the mind, body and soul! If i stop then i quit. Hell NO!! Keep it up it is worth it!!
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm in law school with a 7 year old, a 3 year old, and one due in October.
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 23, have a 4 yr old with autism and a 19 month old. I am full time student going for speech and language sciences. My classes are online and I stay home with the kids during the day. I know it's tough and school/kids are easy built in excuses to slack in the fitness dept. I'm online every day and love motivating friends, especially those who can relate. Feel free to add me!
  • Chelseatheturtle
    Chelseatheturtle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm about to head to Texas A&M University Galveston in late August, but I've been in college for 5 semesters here at home. I have been struggling to lose weight for like 5 months now. Been stuck in the 270's feels like forever! Been working out hard the past three days, and now I am sore. I hope to lose enough weight to go SCUBA diving again and would like to take up rowing with a crew. They also have sailing down there as well.

To me, having 13 hours this coming semester, my schedule is crazy enough without all the family craziness. Good luck with your semester. :)
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am out of college with a BS in business...But with this divorce I am thinking of going back and getting a totally different degree.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I graduated with a B.S. back in 1972, just retired this year, and will be taking my first online class in the fall. My guess is the academic part will be easy...figuring out how to do everything electronically will be the tough part for me! I'm starting a new career and need to take it as part of the requirement to keep the license I just got.
  • deanna418
    deanna418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am going back to school this Fall. I have a 11 y/o and 3 y/o. I work full time too and am not sure how this will all workout but I am going for it. My husband is working on his MBA but luckily it is all online. I luckily only work 3 12's a week and have 2 online classes and 2 at the college.

Good luck!
  • Ahenrie
    Options
    after I got it done i said the same thing but I need to keep going. Transition from now to then especially gettin gout of the military after 20 years i want to be able to have total control of the next chapter of my life. training the mind, body and soul! If i stop then i quit. Hell NO!! Keep it up it is worth it!!

Yeah, I am taking a two year break after medic school so that my husband can do his nursing program, then I am going to get my RN and carry a dual certification. I plan to get my doctorate in nursing by the time I am 45 (21 years) and go to third world countries! I figure then I will have a lot more to offer! And 20 years of service! Wow! Thank you!
  • Ahenrie
    Options
    @elbence Wow! Good luck! That is awesome!

@deanna418 Awesome! What are you going for?

@nebslp You'll get the hang of it quickly, I'm sure :) They usually have an online orientation to walk you through everything!

@BlueJayNY Nice! Fresh start! What are you thinking of going for? Best of luck!

@Chelseathefur Good luck! You can do it! I think my next semester is going to be 22 credit hours. *shiver* Luckily, our classes only happen one at a time, since it is a program, and are only a few weeks long each! It's so difficult to take more than two or three classes at a time!
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3 trying to pursue a college education. "Trying" being the key word. I can totally relate to where you're coming from Ahenrie. Kids and school is tough, but were doing it! I am going for a Registered Nursing degree. I am almost at the point where I can apply to the program. If you'd like a fellow mom student add me! =)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I work full time and am in school almost done with an accounting degree. My husband works full time and goes to school 3/4 maybe to get a degree in accounting as well. He's just starting out. We have no kids... I can't imagine with that going on. It sucks in the moment, with exams and homework, but its so worth it in the end. Job security!
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my master's in Counseling. The most challenging part is my 2 year old who does NOT like me doing anything on the computer - ever. I also have one in college, one going to college in a year, and another in middle school. I'm glad I don't work right now - I have NO idea how I would fit it in.