600 cal or less dinners

Options
Hi . I'm looking for some dinners under 600 cals that are tasty and easy to prepare. Please help. And the drink doesn't have to be included because I want to drink water.

Replies

• MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    i like baked mahi mahi with a side of whole grain pasta and a veggie.. very low cal and yummmy
  • starheart24
    Options
    I have been eating a lot of fish like cod and tilapia which are very low cal and add lots of veggies.
  • sgssmile
    sgssmile Posts: 62
    Options
    Good ol baked chicken with no skin with baked potatoe and carrots. Salmon grilled is also very good.
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    I eat a lot of baked chicken breast with roasted veggies. You can also substitute 99% fat free ground turkey instead of ground beef. (burgers,chili, etc)
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    My meals are usually less than 450cals along with several snacks during the day.
    Today for dinner I had a huge salad with loads of fresh veggies and a fillet of fish on top do protein. Was super yummy and since I eat small and eat often I'm stuffed!
  • oklahoma_cowgirl_51
    Options
    grilled salmon is one of my faves! protein packed! AND all the zinc and omegas are so good for your skin! studies have shown that improvements in skin can be seen almost immediately after consuming! one of my clients did an internship in Alaska and told me that due to eating so much king salmon, all of the people there have beautiful skin.....
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I made Turkey Alfredo the other night. Even my boyfriend who doesn't like "diet food" loved this.

It's actually really easy.

1 pkg of Jennie-O turkey cutlets (cut up into bite size pieces)
    1/2 pkg of dry Fettuccine noodles
    1 whole Portobello mushroom cap (cut into slices)
    1 bunch of green onions (diced)
    1 12oz jar of Classico alfredo sauce (this is the most fattening part but it's STILL not too fattening but you could probably go with fat free alfredo sauce)
    Garlic powder, salt, black pepper and sage to taste.
    2 tbs olive oil OR cooking spray

Sautee the turkey chunks, green onions, mushroom slices and seasonings in a pan with either cooking spray or the olive oil.

Prepare the Fettuccine noodles as directed.

Once the turkey mixture is cooked through and the noodles are done, mix them together and stir in the jar of sauce.

It's pretty much done and I got the 440 calories from the MFP site when I added the ingredients in separately.

You should have around 5 servings.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I did a brief search on line - here is what I came up with:

Superfast Salisbury Steak (CL 1/01): 210 cal
    1 c mashed potatoes (w/whole milk...those are the only calculations I could find..I make mine with skim milk): 174 cal
    1/2 c cooked carrots: 27 cal
    Total: 411

White Bean Enchiladas (CL 11/00): 372 cal
    Pair with a salad which is low in calories

Broccoli and Cheese Soup (CL 1/02):203 cal
    with a few whole wheat rolls for dunking
    and some fruit with light cool whip for dessert

Grilled Pork Chops with Sweet Peach Sauce (CL 6/01):266 cal
    serve with a green veggie
    and 1/2c brown rice (108 cal)

A website of a professional Chef's recipes under 600 calories: http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20252216,00.html
    Another one with some great ideas too: http://www.betterbodz.com/Steve/meals600.html

Hope that helps.

Vickie
  • SJSchwartz
    SJSchwartz Posts: 131
    Options
    A YUMMY 6" sub from Subway always hits the spot for me! :happy:
  • jessdawn1982
    jessdawn1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good old Spaghetti

use wheat noodles or smart taste noodles, ground turkey breast, and light sauce along with any veggies you put in like tomato, onions, or peppers.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump....to look at later!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My dinners are typically 400-500 calories. I have rough guidelines for dinner portions: I typically try to keep my carb serving at around 150cal--brown rice, wholewheat pasta, quinoa, sweet potato, cous cous are favourites. Add lean protein of around 150cal. Add a good serving(s) of veggies for around 50-100cal. Add a serving of "good fat" like olive oil or avocado or nuts for around 50-100cal.

Tonight is seafood risotto with peas and I'll do some form of green veggies on the side.
    I often do sirloin steak with baked sweet potato & veggies
    Grilled chicken breast on wholewheat bun with avocado, tomato, pinapple and lettuce runs to around 450cal.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 4oz of NY strip steak and an ear of corn with butter. Tonight I had 4oz of NY strip steak, grilled tomato, and a bunch of baby carrots and celery with lite ranch dressing as dip. I have had 6oz of salmon and a baked potato with lite sour cream and butter. You can have lots of things as long as you watch how things are cooked and what you add to them. Keep it simple with lots of vegies and you are good to go.
  • magdalena1976
    magdalena1976 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I often do breakfast for dinner, my favorite is an omelette with whatever you like, bunch of veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, the more, the better), you can put some lean meat in it, if you like. I'm a vegetarian so I often put black beans into mine and top with some salsa, sort of a southwestern omelette. I always use some skim cheese. Sometimes I like a bowl of steel cut oatmeal, with fruit in it and almonds for dinner.
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Almost all of mine are less than that. Feel free to add me and look at my diary. Anything you see of iterest, I will be more than happy to tell you how to make.

Some favorites are def. soups, broiled fish, anything in a crockpot, I really like those Bertolli meals for last minute dinners. They are under 600... Suprisingly very delicious and not bad for everynow and again. I am not much of a healthy salad eater... I love my salads, but I add too much cheese, egg, ham, mushrooms, and ranch. So it ends up being not as low in calories as it could be. Still healthy though :D
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38970116/ns/today-foodwine/

Robin Miller rescues dinner with just 5 ingredients
    They’re easy to make and contain less than 500 calories