Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 pounds in 3 months any tips?

I am new to the message board and i am going to try to lose 30 pounds in 3 months. Does anyone have any good nutition tips or exercise tips that would help.

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    You will die if you starve yourself.......and..............fat loss and weight loss are two very different things.

"A smaller marshmallow is still a marshmallow"....lift weights!!!
  • Well, I suppose if you think about it in weeks, that is 12 weeks, and if you lost 2 pounds a week, that's 24 pounds. And, it's also possible that you'll several more pounds your first week if you're just starting and it's water weight. So. You probably won't die. Good luck! :)
  • I'd honestly say reset your expectations, and aim for a 1 to 2lb a week of fat loss.
  • I'd say forget weight loss, scales are stupid. Measure your body fat then concentrate on reducing it and gaining some muscle.
  • raj186
    raj186 Posts: 13 Member
    Let's us know how you get on!!! Agree with ditching the scales an measure up instead. Check out body for life
  • mothib79
    mothib79 Posts: 23 Member
    rofl, a smaller marshmallow is still a marshmallow.. LOVE IT!!
  • mothib79
    mothib79 Posts: 23 Member
    Eat clean, a good balance between cardio and strength training. Totally doable if you focus 100%
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    I did it. I logged EVERYTHING. Some weeks I would regain the same 2-3 pounds, but that's when I was allowing cheat weekends lol. I workout 7 days per week, running and mostly walking. My light workout days are a 2 mile walk/run. You got it, good luck = )
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    30 pounds in 3 months any tips?

Tip: Re-calibrate your goals
  • bigdw13
    bigdw13 Posts: 2
    thanks everybody!!!!!
    I will post updates
  • terrylhatcher
    terrylhatcher Posts: 14 Member
    I totally agree with eat clean, give yourself 100% to your goal and exercise!! I have lost 75 pounds since January! I allow myself some occasional treats but I follow the advice I gave you! You can do it if you want to!!
  • ryanosgood
    ryanosgood Posts: 28
    I lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks...but it was quite the effort. Hired a trainer for 2 days a week, did a mix of cardio and strength training 4-5 days a week. Kept myself on a somewhat strict diet - contained to 1800-2000 calories - almost never eating back calories from exercise (and NEVER starved myself). NO alcohol, fried foods, desserts, white bread...all out the window. I continue to measure and weight everything. It's been tough...but worth the continued effort. Good luck.
  • livedb
    livedb Posts: 45 Member
    You can do it, I just did.:bigsmile:
    Just stick to it every day.