Options
What do you do with it?

Replies

• SandraMay1982
    Options
    salad wraps with chicken!
  • mellanieblue
    Options
    Spread hummus over it, put cucumber slices in it, and eat it!
  • Corrie62
    Options
    Cut it in half and stuff it with anything I would put on bread. I even put my chicken burger with all the fixin's in it.
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Falafel, cucumber, tomato, greek yogurt, and salsa.
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have gotten rid of sandwich bread in my house and use only pita/nan for Everything! It is the only kind of bread in my house anymore. The teenage daughter is totally on board with the change and prefers pita/nan to sandwich bread for everything, too. She even buys her own at the farmers market.

A "serving" tends to be half a round, so check the serving size before you use it. Some say the entire round is a serving, but it's 250-ish calories. Others say the entire round is 100-150-ish. Some give the calorie count for a half-round.

I make grilled cheese on it. I used it for hamburger bun tonight. I crisped one up in a skillet this afternoon and used it as chips/crackers with my tuna salad. I was thinking about making a peanut butter sandwich earlier, but we're out of PB. I filled one with hummus yesterday. I used a "pitette" as a dinner roll last night. (Pitette is pita is are small around, like a biscuit, and one serving is considered 5 rounds, so one pitette is only, like, 30 cals.)

I have funny-shaped sandwiches, but I'm ok with that.
  • Hughes39
    Options
    My boyfriend makes "indian tacos" with them? which is basically a crap load of chili. *barf* and i refuse to eat his "heart attack waiting to happen" meal, but it seems kind of thick for sandwiches. hmm, i'll have to try it.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    low carbers also cut em up and make pita chips out of them for dipping in salsa, etc.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I also make mini pizzas out of them. They make a great crust. You can halve them if you want to. I love pita bread. :D
  • totalimageguy
    totalimageguy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I bake Sara Lee whole wheat pita bread in the oven to make pizza. 10 minutes to make the bread crispy, then 10 more minutes with your favorite ingredients on top
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    I fill them with turkey burgers, or hummus and veggies, or taco meat with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and salsa, you can really put anything in them that you would put on bread, tortilla or a bun
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    If you find it hard to open the pocket warm them a bit <1 min in toaster/grill then fill with any thing you like - any flat-bread recipe can be adapted.
    j
  • digitalmelody
    Options
    stuff it with eggbeaters or eggs and spinach!! so good and filling!!