Getting Rid of the Scale Centric Ideology

Options
Rilzy
Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
I do 70 minutes of cardio and about 30 - 40 minutes of weights 6 days per week. I am supposed to eat 1200 cals per day but I eat back all my exercise calories so I tend to eat 1400 - 1700 calories day.
I have been at this for two weeks and I've gained two pounds. A pound per week :ohwell: I believe that it is muscle because I am slimmer - my face is less chubby and I have been able to put on two dresses and a skirt that a month ago I could barely get zipped. However, it is still a bit disheartening that I'm not able to make my ticker go down and I can't help feeling bummed out. How do I get rid of this scale centred obsession... I'm trying to just stop stepping on it but I can't seem to resist the pull :blushing:

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Use a tape measure and photos if the scale bothers you. Also, you can set up tickers at ticker factory to track your loss of inches, instead.

I know for myself, that the scale really bothers me on an emotional level. It's hard, especially, when the scale goes up when I am having a period. it's normal and it doesn't mean I have gotten fat, but it bothers me not to see steady progress.

It's our litmus test, but it's so darned arbitrary. Don't hang your hat on the scale.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I agree about measurements, you can track them on my fitness pal where you track your weight.

It's annoying that the ticker doesn't go down, but the ability to fit into clothes is definitely a sign you're doing something right! So well done! :smile:
  • elliedubz
    elliedubz Posts: 18
    Options
    I've been at this weightloss thing for MONTHS
    I'm doing insanity eating healthy and running around with my little one from sun up to sun down.
    And I've gained.
    It's depressing and throws you off your game. So I stopped weighing in.
    I'm so much more toned and I've dropped a size in jeans I over all feel healthier and have more energy
    But the scale doesn't change
    Try not to let the numbers discourage you what matters is how you feel you know what your doing is working by the change you feel and see in yourself
    Keep up the great work!!!