new 30day shred.

Options

Replies

• fashioncapital1
    fashioncapital1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    BTW someone asked what to put it under on MFP ...

I created a new exercise "30 Day shred Day 1" set the time to 20 minutes and 260 cals
    For Day 2 I log 20 minutes and 300 cals

(I took an average of cals from info I gathered around the net)

I ha initially put it in as 10mins of Strengt training and 20mins of aerobics.. and i was considering puttin it all in as 20mins of circuits.. but now uve made the log for it! :D thanks :D
    also by "Day 1 " do u mean Level 1?
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    As for logging, search "circuit training" on exercises and just put in 20 minutes, and Myfitnesspal will estimate how many calories you burn based on your weight.

A lot of people do this for 30 day shred as it seems to be more accurate to judge how many calories you burn.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need something to kickstart me again.

:smile:
  • ans1981
    ans1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started the older version of 30DS that I had on Monday. I was very sore after the first two days, but I didn't stop and worked through the pain. It doesn't hurt anymore when I work out. My muscles have gotten used to it I guess.
  • pookey13
    pookey13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ive just done it for the first time ever -its a very good work out and really motivates you along the way. Its very hot here which helped me sweat a lot more. im gonna do a few extra stretches and then take a nice cool shower. If your thinking about joining us, definitely give it a go and we can all motivate each other
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just started yesterday. Should be done by my birthday (8/17) if I can get all the way through with no breaks!
  • Seersh67
    Seersh67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day one, found the push-ups hard but hopefully will keep it up and see some difference at the end of the 30 days
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Count me in too, DVD is coming in today from amazon so I will start tonight. I plan on waking up earlier in the morning and doing it then.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get 30DS this evening! Those of you who are starting today please add me. We'll have a killer before/after pic thread when we're done! :drinker:
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of the 30DS! Feel free to add me as well :)
  • pdawnfloyd
    pdawnfloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My dvd is being delivered today. I will start tonight. Does anyone have suggestions on what size weights to buy? I have 10lbs at home but I think that will be too much to start off with. I was thinking maybe 5lbs, anyone that has started this, do you think that's a good weight to begin with?
  • pandabear_
    Options
    My dvd is being delivered today. I will start tonight. Does anyone have suggestions on what size weights to buy? I have 10lbs at home but I think that will be too much to start off with. I was thinking maybe 5lbs, anyone that has started this, do you think that's a good weight to begin with?

They suggest 3-5 lbs on the DVD, I think. So it will be ok :)

I'm not living in my country at the moment, so I am using filled up cola bottles... :/
  • fashioncapital1
    Options
    Count me in too, DVD is coming in today from amazon so I will start tonight. I plan on waking up earlier in the morning and doing it then.
    You could have saved money on the dvd and done it for free using YT :D.. :D all 3 levels are on there! :D

Also OMG woke up to do day 2 this morning muscles wer aching but i pushed through!!.Wooooooooooooo!!!.i cant do push-ups to save my life but i managed to do 3 the first time & 5 the last time.. (im gonna build this up) gonna do day 3 tomorow and then take a rest day.. :D Rest days ARE important For recovery!!
    Sooo exciting!.. everyone remember to take ur BEFORE pics!! :D
  • pandabear_
    Options
    I woke up with aching legs today and last night I went clubbing, and walking up the stairs was quite painful on my muscles!

But I'm going to push through day 2 later on today! :)
  • Bec_88
    Bec_88 Posts: 45
    Options
    I just started again today, so add me for motivation! I have started a couple of times before but never get past day 3
  • pookey13
    pookey13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so after yesterday my body is aching -not sure how im gonna survive the next session but i need to get on with it especially as im off to a bbq later :)
  • coconutsparkle
    Options
    I'm just starting day one today so i'll be joining you! :)
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Tried the Shred for 2 weeks with 7 days at level I & II, then went on vacation [a month ago now]! I'm thinking Insanity is even crazier!!! I'm trying to build up to that one as I get bored easily!

Maybe it's a good day to try the Shred again! I'm in :bigsmile:

Feel free to add for extra support, motivation and commiserating! lol
  • fashioncapital1
    Options
    OMG!!.. people!.. YOUR SUPPOSED to take breaks! as in like day 1 day 2 day3 Rest day 4..ur body NEEDS the time to recover! so please dont try to do 30days STRAIGHT".. i dont think thats wat was intended..:O
  • pdawnfloyd
    pdawnfloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Started day one yesterday, did day 2 this morning. So proud that I got up and did this, I hate exercising in the morning so this was a big step for me! Feeling good.