30 Day Shred and other vids Body Fat loss?

Options
So I have no problem with losing weight but a huge fear of mine is being skinny fat. No I won't be able to go to a gym as I'll be soon operating 2 business full time, one of them cake decorating which means I will generally be baking and rushing around maybe 8+ hours a day.

So I was thinking of these 20 min programs like the 30 day shred. Like I said my main concern is inches lost and losing body fat. I'm looking at a bf % of around 20-25% when I get to my healthy weight.

Is this possible with home programs with weights/body weight at home without going to the gym and busting my *kitten* for about an hours to get to where I want to be?

Like I said, weight loss will not be an issue, I just want a toned body without wobbly bits.

Replies

• debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    definitely, you can work out at home. I live in the country and the time it would take me to drive to the gym and back I can do a 5 mile walk with Leslie Sansone by video or a youtube exercise walk with Jessica Smith. My tv also has exercise on demand channels that I can use for other types of working out. I also bought 2 sets of hand weights that I use. It can be done. I am down 21 punds since April and am still working on it. Good luck, you can do it at home
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I also don't want to be skinny fat! I do Jillian Michaels videos, love her!!! (Ripped in 30, love it because there are 4 different workouts on one DVD) I like that you get strength training with cardio! It has REALLY helped! I've never had a muscle in my life :laugh: but now I do, muscle I didn't even know I had. I am seeing definition and feeling strong. I highly recommend!! Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred and lost one pound. Not very productive for me, though it did teach me some strength training that I still use. My best weight loss came from Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan video. Each mile is about 15 minutes and according to my weight loss calculations, I was burning about 200 calories per mile. She also has weight training and resistance training segments in the video. I was stuck at 130 pounds for the longest time, Leslie helped me get off the last five which are the hardest to lose.
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred and lost one pound. Not very productive for me, though it did teach me some strength training that I still use. My best weight loss came from Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan video. Each mile is about 15 minutes and according to my weight loss calculations, I was burning about 200 calories per mile. She also has weight training and resistance training segments in the video. I was stuck at 130 pounds for the longest time, Leslie helped me get off the last five which are the hardest to lose.

Again that's not really what I'm looking for. As I siad I'm looking for support with losing body fat at home and not weight as I know I can lose the weight :)
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    Thanks for the post girls. Can't wait to move into my new place and unpack those weights!
  • sonhando
    sonhando Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 DS I'm on day 23 and though I haven't lost weight, I've definitely have firmed up. Muffin top, back and stomach fat have been reduced I feel stronger and less jiggly.