Weight and inches loss question

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
It's funny because I've been reading these boards for a few months now and I'm still as confused about this.

First, weight loss isn't linear. I got that part. For the last few months, I only lose weight one week a month, typically 4-6 lbs at a time (2 of water weight from the previous month, and a few extras). So, question... what happens during the other 3 weeks when I'm still eating at a deficit but the scale doesn't move (or moves up a bit)? Surely if I'm eating at a calorie deficit, I should burn fat, right?

Second, the whole 'you might be losing inches but not weight' thing... how is that even possible if you can't build muscle on a calorie deficit?

Really trying to understand it.

Replies

• stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to hearing answers to this question too! The last time I took my hip measurement, I had to decide whether or not to lift my lower belly pouch above the tape measure ...this time, it wasn't really an issue. I've only lost a few pounds since my last measurement, but my shape has really shifted. People think I've lost a lot more weight than I have.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Bump