Hi I am new to this site I have always gone to Weight Watchers and have tried every diet known to man. I am desperately trying to make this work without getting the lap band. I made an appointment to get the process going but I feel like I can do this. I have lost 130 lbs over the past 5 years but when I see immediate results from my friends getting the lap band or gastric bypass it makes me discouraged.
I want to lose another 80lbs and it seems so far away, I met with a personal trainer yesterday and I shopped for healthy foods and plan on starting this on Monday. wish me luck

Replies

• I understand your feelings. I have had RNY Gastric bypass surgery (11.5 mos ago) I was too out of control to lose all I needed to by myself. I CAN tell you however, that I lost 110 lbs in the 11 mos prior to my surgery just by eating less. It IS doable. You can so do this! Sounds like you're doing all the right things. I do not know many who have been satisfied with lapband surgery. I know several cases where the lap band broke down and had to be converted to RNY gastric bypass after the fact. Just be sure to do your research and make doubly sure your surgeon is BOARD CERTIFIED.....and ask him specifics about lap band stats! I would do the RNY again in a NY minute! It CAN be done without surgery. You're more than welcome to friend me if you like. Support is half the battle. The rest is fighting with your head to eat right every bite you take. You can do it!! If I can, anyone can!!!

Janine Alfke
  • Hi,

Welcome aboard Hun.

I was on the waiting list for Bariatric surgery in January this year but I was doing so well on my own that I decided against it.... 6 months later, it is still the best decision I have ever made.... I wish you well

xXx
  • nevergiveup51
    nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
    TY I hope I can do it I have not been under 200 lbs in 31 yrs or more I can't even imagine how it would feel to say I am 100 and something congrats on your weight loss you look great
  • mggriso
    mggriso Posts: 35 Member
    Welcome to the site, I have found it very supportive. I have quite a long way to go but to be honest I have never considered surgery, just determined to do it this time. Like you I have been over 200 for so long now and would love to say I am 100 and something. Feel free to add me for support. :smile:
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    I have found this site so helpful!. Give it a try it can't hurt.
  • mswdgresham
    mswdgresham Posts: 3 Member
    Don't get discouraged, you will do this and you can by eating less. Why start on Monday? Start today!!! I love myfinesspal app. It helps me track what I'm eating and like you I did Weight Watchers to me, it's the same concept. So far, I have lost 16lbs. I have considered weight loss surgery myself but have decided against it because I know I can do it w/o it. Good luck to you in your weight loss journey. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • nevergiveup51
    Ty I don't have the phone yet to use the app but will soon I will have to do it the old fashioned way put the info in LOL
  • nevergiveup51
    Ty a few friends at work are on this site and they love it.
  • nevergiveup51
    we will do this