Jillian's 30 day shred?

Options
Across the internet I keep hearing people talk about this "JM30DS" and I've now deciphered it as Jillan's 30 day shred.

I'm currently away from my desk so I can't check YouTube but is this 30 day shred fitness routine available on YouTube? If so, could someone point me in the direction of it?

(Also, is anyone else loving the UK weather right now!?)

Replies

• dapattni
    dapattni Posts: 4
    Options
    I have started this workout and I am on day 3 today. I am sore! It says to do it everyday so I will even though I am sore.
  • ThomRhodes
    ThomRhodes Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have started this workout and I am on day 3 today. I am sore! It says to do it everyday so I will even though I am sore.

I know it's only 3 days in, but do you look (or feel!) better? Aside from the soreness, you know what they say... No pain no gain.! I guess...
  • ChelseaLeigh92
    Options
    Hi ThomRhodes,

I am a newbie here so only just signed up and trying to figure out and get the hang of this website haha.

I joined completely because of the 30 Day Shred, seeing peoples results on here, and hoping to get some information and encouragement. The only 30DS Clip I could find on YouTube was Level 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8 ... I had a look fought it seemed OK so I ordered and received the Jillian Michaels DVD today!! from Sainsburys Entertainment Online UK. Only £17.98 and I got the 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat and 6 Weeks Abs or something in a box-set - Bargain!

I'm hoping to start this from Monday but I my stomach feels sore after doing only half of the video (10 minutes) I found on YouTube two days ago. I don't think I will manage 30 days straight, I will do myself an injury :( I'm so unfit !!
  • thisoldroutine
    Options
    I started the 30day shred 5 days ago.
    The first few days where torture.... but if you push though the muscle aches it's so worth it!
    I feel so much better 5 days in!
  • 87sid
    87sid Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 7 or 8. I can keep up with her except doing the jumping Jack's and jump ropes back to back.I don't think I feel and better or that my endurance has gone up, i dunno why though. I also walk/ speed walk a mile and a half right after. I've lost 8 lbs since the 6. of July.
  • thissnbites
    thissnbites Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    here's a link to the first level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

2nd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxvLerfthAA

the 3rd used to be up, but i can't find it. i suggest using savevid.com or something similar in order to save the vdeo to your computer :) good luck!
  • joanne_jc
    joanne_jc Posts: 2
    Options
    I completed this recently...

My weight stayed the same but I looked leaner after, and my clothes were looser.

I think this is the result most people get (unless they're really overweight) - weight stays same, but you lose a couple of inches.
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I actually bought the DVDs a year or so ago and did them sporadically. I'm thinking about starting them again and actually following the "program." The main response I've heard from people who have tried this is that it helps them tone and slim down, but not a significant amount of weight is lost. I'm okay with that.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Although it varied by genes and age and weight, most people don't burn a lot of calories in 20 minutes but it does help you tone. I noticed pants fitting better after a few weeks. I did level 1 and 2 most of the time and stole exercises from 3 to do with them....some of the level 3 moves hurt my knees.
    I think it's a good DVD and great when you are short on time, but shouldn't be your only cardio if you need to lose a lot of weight.
  • OldManMurray
    OldManMurray Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just did day 3 yesterday and other than a cramp in my right calf I'm doing ok. I already see a difference in my arms. I'm only doing it 5 days a week though as I have PT on Tuesdays (no way am I doing both!) and I'm taking a rest day at the weekend.

I read this blog about it and found it hilarious! Especially the bits about her daughter.

http://thecasualperfectionist.com/fun-stuff/reviews/30-day-shred/