72 pounds lost with LOTS of pictures!

Options
I’ve shared my success story once before, but I had to start over with a new MFP account so I thought I’d share again! Long story short: I was extremely active during my childhood and teenage years. I played soccer in middle school and tennis in high school, and danced for 15 years - 6 of those years on a competitive team. I ate whatever I felt like and was physically fit without really having to think about it. When I went to college, I no longer had tennis and dance practices to keep me active but I kept up the same eating habits. Throughout my 4 years of college, I slowly put on a lot of weight. After seeing some AWFUL pictures of myself at Christmas parties and New Years Eve in 2010 (see below), I decided it was time to make a serious lifestyle change. I bought a scale and weighed in at 215 pounds, which was a huge reality check. In some ways, I think I'd been blind to how overweight I'd become. However, I couldn't deny the number that was staring back at me on the scale, so I got down to business.

Summer 2010

photo1_zpsb224bd41.jpg

Fall 2010

photo_zpsbc249a3b.jpg

photo3_zps4e9d65e3.jpg

Annual PJ Christmas party with my girlfriends, 2010

photo_zpsef3f9376.jpg

photo1_zps19af44d2.jpg

NYE 2010

photo2_zps21f9acf4.jpg

I'd never had to workout in a gym before and I was extremely out of shape, so it was really rough at first. I couldn't run 0.25 miles without stopping, I was out of breath after 5 minutes on the elliptical and I had no idea how to use any strength training equipment. I joined MFP in January 2011, logged all of my food and committed to working out 4-5 times a week. I did the Couch to 5K program and discovered a passion for running. Since I don't have my old account for reference, I'm really not quite sure how quickly I lost weight. I think by the time I graduated from college in May 2011, I was around 180 pounds. In my opinion though, specifics of how quickly the weight came off isn't really important. As they say - It's a marathon, not a sprint. I am currently 143 pounds, a total weight loss of 72 pounds since January 2011 and I feel amazing. I've run three 5Ks and I've pushed myself to do things that I wouldn't have thought myself capable of a few years ago. I no longer have a double chin, and I don't constantly worry about my flabby love handles or how I look in clothes. I feel so much happier and more confident. Working out and running has become an important part of my every day life and I look forward to my workouts. There are no secret tips or tricks - Put in hard work and you'll get results.

My ultimate goal is to get down to 130 pounds, but I'm not as concerned as I once was with specific numbers. I want to focus on toning my body and feeling great about myself. I am thankful to my supportive MFP friends and I'm always open to adding new friends who are POSITIVE and committed to logging.

Now for the fun part - 'After' pictures! :smile:

I can now wear cute clothes!

photo11_zps96d35969.jpg

photo12_zpsb270f4ad.jpg

photo10_zps3eef00ee.jpg

With my best friend after a 5K we ran this spring!

photo13_zps03413982.jpg

Swimsuit shot while on vacation in January of this year... I've lost a little more weight and toned up since then but still proud!

photo2_zps7e34bb3f.jpg

Some before and afters:

8ef74e6d-8c63-451b-b279-5e593c3f8ef9_zpsb15ab242.jpg

photo_zps816befb3.jpg

And finally, just being happy! :wink:

photo5_zpsbf92b81e.jpg

Replies

• Okeyboy
    Okeyboy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job on your transformation. Keep it up!
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing and so happy. Keep up the good work!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Tara_Stafford
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on all your success. Love your Michigan State gear too :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    wow just WOW- You look amazing and you have a very contagious smile!! Well done :)
  • kenzie0884
    kenzie0884 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! You look amazing!
  • butreally12
    butreally12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Holy wow! You look AMAZING!!!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Wow great transformation - love the smile in the last pic!
  • trpgsinister
    Options
    The pic of you in the car is awesome. Looking great.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - GREAT JOB!!
  • 1092kl
    1092kl Posts: 19
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to see today. Your story makes me excited to keep working hard! You look amazing and so happy!
  • razzle29
    razzle29 Posts: 9
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    There are no secret tips or tricks - Put in hard work and you'll get results.

I couldn't agree more. And it's good to hear that from someone with amazing results.

Also, you look stunning.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I can't see the first pictures. But from what I can see on the ones on the bottom you did a great job! Congratulations:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!