No more Excuses

Options
I am the heaviest I've ever been. My cupboards and fridge are empty because its the end of the moth and time to go shopping for food again. but this time I will stock up on Fruits, vegetables, lean meats and other healthy items. my sister has been hiking every day for the last month and is looking really good. her acne is even clearing up. I burn really easy and rather not go hiking but I have no excuse because I have a lifetime membership at 24 hour fitness. I go maybe a few times a week but mostly I am lazy and eat all of the normal foods I used to eat, just smaller portions. this has helped but not at the speed with which I would like so I am here to put my butt in gear and take things more seriously. I'd appreciate any support I can get.

Replies

• tiffanypacino
    tiffanypacino Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have found that making small changes (baby steps) and then gradually increasing these positive changes has made the biggest impact. For instance, you are not used to physical activity. Get out and do something for 20 minutes! Enjoy fresh air! Find something that you will find more enjoyable that involves activity. I love the saying "Don't give in to what you want right now for what you want the most". My husband doesn't eat healthy. But, I look at his food and I want it, but then I say to myself...Do I really?! Kudos for joining! Make a plan!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Way to commit to your self! :flowerforyou:

Just want to mention that when you restock your fridge, your new eating choices may require you to change your way of grocery shopping. When I switched to fresh fruits and veggies and relied less on processed foods, I found that my previous habit of shopping once a week didn't work for me anymore, as I was used to buying in bulk and produce went bad before I could eat it. Hopefully you are in a geographic location that will enable you to shop a couple of times a week instead. It can save you money, and keeps you more active! Being 'less efficient' sometimes is an exercise boon!
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The girls already said it ;-) I'm here fo you ;-)