Low Cal Snacks

Options
What do you do when you only have 50 calories remaining and your stomach is really really hungry.
Any good 50 or under calories snack ideas?

Replies

• mackdacre
    mackdacre Posts: 1
    Options
    I really like to munch on baby carrots. They're pretty filling, juicy, and crunchy. And only 5 calories per carrot. :)
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat 7 salted almonds. I know it seems like such a tiny amount, but between lunch and dinner when I start getting both sleepy and hungry, that little bit works wonders.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    cucumber spears with a little natural peanut butter or low fat cheese
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    Tea really fills me and it's only 25 calories! Also rice cakes are like 30 each!
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    sugar-free jello with some fruit, or just a cup of raspberries/blackberries/other fruit you enjoy. there's a bunch of veggies low in calories as well, depends on your preference.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love raw mushrooms with salt and pepper, a cup is only 30 calories!

Another option, if you have a sweet tooth... a cup of warm/hot green tea (I add Splenda for sweetness) with a plain ice cream cone. I know it sounds a bit dull, but if you just have the plain cone (wafer only, no ice cream) it is only 20 calories. That combined with the tea will make your tummy feel full.

Now if you want to up that calorie count a few calories... add a sugar free pudding snack to the ice cream cone instead of ice cream. A Chocolate snack pack pudding is only 70 calories and Vanilla is just 60 calories. Add that to the 20 calories for the cone and you are still under 100 calories...

Great success in your weight loss journey!
  • coconutsparkle
    Options
    Fruit tea with cucumber / carrot sticks is my usual snack.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    veggies. :3
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese & celery.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    4 cups of spinach, half a cup of Trop 50 orange juice, a little water and ice in a blender. The orange juice mixed with the spinach makes it delightfully frothy and creamy, plus it's very filling!
  • amberlynn2687
    Options
    Pickles! Call me weird, but I absolutely love dill pickles. They are like 5 or less calories depending on the size and surprisingly they fill you up for a while! When I was a kid I could eat a whole jar AND drink the juice! :sick: Not so much anymore, one maybe two whole pickles and I'm good for a while.

ETA: Snacking is pretty hard for me, I pretty much hate every veggie there is. I'm envious to all of you that can just munch on raw veggies!!
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I usually have sugar free jell-o/jelly if I'm that close to my goal. Either ready-made pots (9 calories) or however much I feel like of a large bowl I've done myself. Even if I ate the whole lot it would only be 40 calories. Sometimes add fruit and/or no fat natural yoghurt.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'd probably reach for my Panda soft licorice. Five pieces is less than 45 calories.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Celery stick with some Boathouse Farms Ranch dressing.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, vegetables, vegetables.

Look up the nutrition data for broccoli, spinach, green beans, capsicum, tomatoes. You can do anything you want with them. Have them fresh, boil, grill, fry (with no oil; not sure what different countries call this). Put herbs and spices and pepper on them.

I laugh at how I hated vegetables as a kid. Now that I'm cutting weight I would DIE without vegetables! (or just not lose weight...)

EDIT: typo