Warrior Dash - Cardio Burn Count?

Options
Will be running the Warrior Dash Conroe obstacle course this weekend and I'm trying to figure out how to count the calories burn. Anyone have any idea what I should put down or how to track it? Anyone planning on running it this weekend? (March 19th)

Replies

• tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Best way would be to use a water proof heart rate monitor. Other wise, it's a 5k.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    i have no idea about the calorie burn (i'm sure its a quite a lot!) but wanted to wish you luck and to have fun!! I am excited about my first Dash, which will be in August.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have NO idea! Do you have a HRM??? PLEASE let me know how it goes. I'm thinking about doing it in June...kinda scared!
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Use a heart rate monitor.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You need to use a heart rate monitor. Walmart carries a cheap Sportline model. I plan to do the Dash in my area at the beginning of April.
  • LanceMcD1970
    Options
    I was just searching for the same thing, it's a 5k alright, but the one I am doing tomorrow is up and down hills at a ski resort. So you will burn a heck of a lot more calories that running a mere 5k. This week at the gym I alternated between 15% incline and 30% incline on a treadmill for a little over one mile and burned a little over 300 calories in that distance. I'm guessing for a little over 3 miles it would be fair to record about 900 calories. But I am certain only giving a partially educated guess based soley on my one mile with ridiculous incline and multiplying it by 3. And if you get a heard rate monitor, good luck, it will probably be trashed by all the water and mud and banging around on obstacles during the run.
  • LanceMcD1970
    Options
    And I just noticed this was from 2011. LOL! Hope you had a good run! :)
  • mizarmadillo
    mizarmadillo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I, for one, appreciate your reply (even though that was, again, a yr ago). I'm doing my first dash tomorrow and was trying to figure that out myself.

I will definitely take your post into consideration when I track :-)
  • peppiherc
    Options
    Old post, I know. Doing my 2nd WD tomorrow, Missouri. I use 35 minute run at 7 MPH. I absolutely love the Warrior Dash. By far one of my favorite races.