50+ losing 50+

Options
How about a daily check in for those of us over 50 years with more than 50 pounds to lose?

If we use the same subject line each day we'll be able to find each other:)

To start it off, I had a so-so day. It was so humid here today it made it hard to stay outside working beyond 11:00am. I started my day off with a weigh in and healthy breakfast but I got a case of the mid afternoon munchies. I tried to figure out why since I didn't have hardly any carbs today, might have been the banana with lunch. Anyway I drank lots of water and some green tea w/lemon to hold off the frenzy until I had my evening salad. All in all, it could have been worse and now it's all down hill from here:)

How was your day?

Replies

• NancyOwens
    NancyOwens Posts: 27
    Options
    How about a daily check in for those of us over 50 years with more than 50 pounds to lose?

If we use the same subject line each day we'll be able to find each other:)

To start it off, I had a so-so day. It was so humid here today it made it hard to stay outside working beyond 11:00am. I started my day off with a weigh in and healthy breakfast but I got a case of the mid afternoon munchies. I tried to figure out why since I didn't have hardly any carbs today, might have been the banana with lunch. Anyway I drank lots of water and some green tea w/lemon to hold off the frenzy until I had my evening salad. All in all, it could have been worse and now it's all down hill from here:)

How was your day?
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Hey my day did'nt go as planed but when does anything ever go the way we planed,
    My day started of good to,I exericised right after breackfast for 35 min. but than came the afternoon munchies and I caved in.

i like the idia of cheking in every day, maybe you and I could mesige each other every day and support each other.

Let me know:flowerforyou:
  • NancyOwens
    Options
    I'd be happy to message you privately but I think we could all use some community support as well.

Glad to hear you had a good breakfast and exercised to start your day.

Maybe we can come up with some sort of cure for the afternoon munchies?

Nancy
  • annielouise
    Options
    The thing with 50+ is my metabolism slowed to a crawl!! Not to mention that I was grazing all weekend and I'm up 3 pounds :mad: But today I worked out for 45 minutes and stayed within calorie range without eating my exercise calories so hopefully by the end of the week I can be back on track and dump those 3 pounds again. Thanks for starting this thread reading your messages made me feel better. It's always a struggle but I know it's worth it and it's good to know others are out there taking the same risks to improve their lives. Cheers to you!:drinker:

46566.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Yes the community is great:happy:
  • NancyOwens
    Options
    Menopause conspires with other aging bodily functions to diminish our ability to spring back as fast as we did when younger. But we can still get there. It's just a longer harder fight.

Congratulations on your fabulous progress already:)

Nancy
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well today marks my 6 month anniversary on MFP:noway: ! It's hard to believe that I'm still going strong :wink: I had wanted to hit 60 lbs and missed by 1 lb :ohwell: !! Here's to next week :drinker:
    Well my thought process when I began this journey was 2 lbs a week and in 6 months that would be 52 lbs so I am ahead of schedule :happy: !

I wanted to share my excitement with all and thank you for all the tips and wonderful stories it does keep one hooked on this site :glasses:

Have a beautiful day all :flowerforyou:
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Well today marks my 6 month anniversary on MFP:noway: ! It's hard to believe that I'm still going strong :wink: I had wanted to hit 60 lbs and missed by 1 lb :ohwell: !! Here's to next week :drinker:
    Well my thought process when I began this journey was 2 lbs a week and in 6 months that would be 52 lbs so I am ahead of schedule :happy: !

I wanted to share my excitement with all and thank you for all the tips and wonderful stories it does keep one hooked on this site :glasses:

Have a beautiful day all :flowerforyou:

excellent job.. sbacon!! I am certainly motivated! Thanks for sharing~
  • jew2442
    jew2442 Posts: 34
    Options
    I need some support. I've been walking with my dog-Boston Terrorist-every day from 1 to 3 miles. He's loosing weight-I'm not. I've been right on track with my calories. One of the problems I think I have is getting enough sleep. This week I'm going to try to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night and see if that darn scale will move. Lost some inches but I want to see it on the scale. At 58 and having lost 60 pounds 2 or 3 times in my life-my metabolism has flatlined. BUT I'M NOT GIVING UP. I want to stay in this loop to help myself and others. I made the mistake of reading the topic on Nutella and of course I had to buy some----not good----but so far I've only had a total of 1 1/2 teaspoon-since Saturday night. Good luck everyone.
  • NancyOwens
    Options
    Losing inches is good. Could be you're toning up and creating muscle, which weighs more than fat. You're on the right track. I've read that maybe you could do some interval walking, faster for a few minutes then back to regular pace, might help.

Thanks for sharing.
  • NancyOwens
    Options
    sbacon - Congrats! ahead of schedule and going strong!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    HI NANCY,
    FOR THE ONES WHO DO NOT KNOW ME, YOU CAN READ MY PROFILE. YEP I AM 56 AND 100+ POUNDS OVERWEIGHT. SO FAR I HAVE LOST 36 POUNDS. I WEIGH IN AND WORKOUT TOMORROW MORNING. WILL FIND OUT HOW I DID FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS. I DID GREAT TODAY. :bigsmile:
    ONLY HAD TWO SARA LEE 45 CAL WHEAT BREAD TOAST FOR BREAKFAST. FOR LUNCH I HAD LOW FAT COTTAGE CHEESE, DANNON NONFAT YOGURT WITH SOME KASHI APPLE ORCHARD FOR LUNCH. FINALLY FOR DINNER I HAD 8 OZ OF MILK WITH 2 SCOOPS SUPER ADVANCED WHEY PROTEIN AND 1 TBS OF PEANUT BUTTER BLENDED TOGETHER. THAT WAS GOOD. THAT MADE ME THE TOTAL OF 903 CALORIES.
  • Fifty
    Fifty Posts: 17
    Options
    someone said Nuttella that stuff is so good i eat the whole jar in one day. that"s why i don't buy is anymore.cuz I'am all or nothing when it comes to choc. I can't see all those cal. on my daily plan. maybe when i reach my goal .I just started so i have a long way to go.but i love talking with everyone on this web. site:drinker: