Taking my first step towards a healthier me!!

katie0425
katie0425 Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all, my name is Katie. I am 32 and a mother of 5 (3 of my own and 2 step children). I have been heavy most of my life and lost over 65 pounds 4 years ago only to gain it ALL back and then some. I just had a baby two months ago and although I was good about not gaining alot of weight throughout the pregnancy I am still at 260 and have a LONG way to go. I am at home with my little guy now and am going to really devote myself to eating right and moving more often. I don't want to use the "I just had a baby" excuse six months from now. :)

Anyway - I hope to find a lot of great tools on this sight and am looking forward to seeing a thinner healthier me in the near future. :happy:

Replies

• Wish you great success in meeting your goals :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    welcome
    you will love this site, remember to jot your food and exercise daily and read lots of tips. you can do it. and congrats on the new baby
  • Mirage106
    Mirage106 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi Katie,
    I just wanted to wish you good luck and success on your journey. It's so hard to take weight off, and it can be so easy to put it back on. But this site looks like it has a lot of great tools, and I think six months from now, we'll both be lighter and healthier. Best of luck to you.
  • Hi Katie : Im in the same boat lost 72 lbs and let life stress take over and gained 50 back! No baby just careless and ready to reclaim my life and body back. i say you will melt just taking care of all those kids! I wish you lots of success. i am interested tracking your progress. I started today and feel better already!
  • Thanks for all the welcoming words everyone! I keep making excuses about why I wasn't logging my food or exercising but I figure if I can spend an hour watching tv while the baby is napping I can exercise and log my food. I think sometimes I let my family become my excuse for not taking care of ME and that has to change! My other kids are older (20, 15, 13, 11) so it is not like they can't take of themselves so I can exercise. Anyway, enough rambling. :) I just logged my breakfast and feel good about it so I am one step closer.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
  • Hi Katie

Just wanted to say congratulations on your new little one, and welcome to the site, i am new to the site as well, and for the 1st time with the help of this site, i am sure I will be able to reach my goal, and I am sure you will too. x
This discussion has been closed.