Crossfit injuries = 38% of ER visits in Houston in 2012.

Options
BrainyBurro
BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
rickroll-o.gif

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Son of a ...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    So in other words, there's a box with a poor trainer in Houston? That doesn't mean Crossfit is bad in and of itself. It just means that particular box sucks
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Took a 30 minute crossfit class for the first time a few days ago. 20 mins in I was dying ha! Crossfit is serious s***

Love the pain, so I'll be going back to take more classes...
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Also thought Houston was one of the fattest cities in the US...that could also have something to do with it. Bad starting point for participants? Hmm.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    oh my god i love that music video!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    So in other words, there's a box with a poor trainer in Houston? That doesn't mean Crossfit is bad in and of itself. It just means that particular box sucks

I haven't verified the number, but if true, 38% is a pretty big number...I would think every box in Houston would have to suck balls for 38% of total ER visits...that's crazy.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    ahhh fml.

And in for all the people who don't understand what just happened to them.
  • jenifr818
    Options

I haven't verified the number, but if true, 38% is a pretty big number...I would think every box in Houston would have to suck balls for 38% of total ER visits...that's crazy.

True. Unfortunately, there's not much in the way of standards for becoming a certified Crossfit box :frown: Chances are, all those people are trying to do exercises that their body is in no way ready for. There's pushing yourself, and there's being smart enough to know your body's limits.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    DAMN IT!!

Also LOL @ the people that don't understand.
  • jenifr818
    Options
    DAMN IT!!

Also LOL @ the people that don't understand.

Wouldn't be the first time I've been trolled, won't be the last either :ohwell:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    People biting off more than they could chew :noway:
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Priceless!
  • CindyC60
    CindyC60 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am not at all surprised at those statistics. Crossfit is designed for a certain type of person that wants to see how close they can come to destroying their body and still live each and every workout.

If you are not that kind of person, I would advise you to avoid Crossfit.

If you are looking for a workout that offers a lot of variety and is reasonably intense but safe, check out circuit training classes, boot camp classes (some are good, and so not so good) HITT -- high intensity Interval Training classes, or anything else that sounds interesting.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Where did uninsured childbirths rank?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Son of a ...

^My exact thoughts. And lol at those that aren't familiar with the gif. hahaha.
  • singha99
    singha99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    RIC ROLLED!!! LOL
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Nice.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

And 68.5% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Should I be surprised at how many people don't get this? I am... but I feel like I shouldn't be...