What are some random things that motivate you to lose weight

Options
What are some random things that motivate you to lose weight when you feel like giving up? Like movies, books, posters, family (what about them?) what?

Replies

• Jeski
    Jeski Posts: 11
    Options
    A random thing that motivates me is movies like G.I. Jane, where the woman is not only kick *kitten* but busts her butt to compete with and outlast so many men in physical training! It gives me a drive and helpes me put my weight goals into a new perspective.
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    When I see skinny girls in yoga pants picking up skim milk and salads at the grocery store, and thats when I drop my Lays.
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When I peruse Shape or Fitness magazine and I tear out motivating pictures or new ideas.

Or when I see some bad *kitten* woman on tv like you said GI Jane or Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer playing Catwoman.

I play loud obnoxious dance music before hitting the gym to get my blood flowing. Otherwise I won't listen to it.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My belly button ring! Gotta have a belly that makes it worth showing off :]

Also... this one is really silly but my celebrity crush, hehe X]
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    D'oh! Double post!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Watching my Dad load the butter and salt onto his food...and the pure amount he consumes during a meal. He eats at least twice what I do and then proceeds to have ice cream or candy after dinner. I look at how large he is and it motivates me to do something different. Especially since he lives with us and since he has moved in, my own daughter has gained a significant amount of weight for an 8 year old. I want her to follow my lead and not his....
  • fansntt
    Options
    My main inspiration is when clothing that I bought few months ago doesn't fit. The other thing is when I watch COPS...
  • freebirdsnsc
    freebirdsnsc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Simple I think of the severe pain Ive been in the last year with my back hips knees and ankles....then the fact that for a week this summer my husband had to help me put on my socks and shoes because the pain was unbearable....Now every time I look at something thats not healthy I can imagine that pain coming back oh heck no!!!.... I still have the occasional ache.....I dont hurt anywhere near the level of pain I was experiencing...I also have energy again.

Missy isn't willing to go back to that for anyone. Junk food isnt worth it anymore....Eating healthy and Walking has become my new drug against pain.

Im also able to ride my bike * motorcycle* for longer distances now and Im loving it!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My main inspiration is when clothing that I bought few months ago doesn't fit. The other thing is when I watch COPS...

Sadly, this is my motivation too. I have bought about $2000 in clothes over the past year (new summer and winter) because I moved to Washington, DC and I needed professional clothes that fit correctly. Plus, I'm from the south so I didn't as much as have a jacket much less winter coat!

BUT, now I'm starting to feel bad because NONE of my clothes fit....even my underwear are starting to sag, and I have to walk around holding up my pants from losing 20 lbs :( It makes me sad to know that I've wasted all that money, but I sure am GLAD to see them getting big on me! I just hope it is as easy to keep the weight off as it is to get the weight off. If not, I might need those old clothes sooner than I thought! I hope I can maintain the lifestyle change that is needed to maintain a low, healthy weight!
  • fansntt
    Options

Sadly, this is my motivation too. I have bought about $2000 in clothes over the past year (new summer and winter) because I moved to Washington, DC and I needed professional clothes that fit correctly. Plus, I'm from the south so I didn't as much as have a jacket much less winter coat!

BUT, now I'm starting to feel bad because NONE of my clothes fit....even my underwear are starting to sag, and I have to walk around holding up my pants from losing 20 lbs :( It makes me sad to know that I've wasted all that money, but I sure am GLAD to see them getting big on me! I just hope it is as easy to keep the weight off as it is to get the weight off. If not, I might need those old clothes sooner than I thought! I hope I can maintain the lifestyle change that is needed to maintain a low, healthy weight!

Well when the big clothes does not fit, I do not fit that bad since the benefits outweighs the detriments. You know, you may have wasted money, but you are getting in shape, feeling better and you can always donate the clothing.
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Our church sells funnel cakes over the four-day Labor Day weekend in a community festival that attracts several hundre thousand people, many of whom are on the larger side. That is enough to keep me from eating any funnel cakes!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Well when the big clothes does not fit, I do not fit that bad since the benefits outweighs the detriments. You know, you may have wasted money, but you are getting in shape, feeling better and you can always donate the clothing.

This is true. I definitely feel better about myself!