Protein shakes for non-athletes?

Options
xLyric
xLyric Posts: 840 Member
I'm not getting enough protein, and it's by quite a lot. I'm a vegetarian and I don't have an easy way to get more right now because of various reasons, and I know it's healthier to get it in real food, but I can't right now.

My question is, are protein shakes okay for people who aren't trying to build muscle? I'd be using them as my main source, but not my main source of food, while I try to get my actual food-protein intake up.

Replies

• Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    HEMP OR PEA PROTEIN. put in in savoury dishes such as soups, pastas etc.
    or natural flavoured whey from... wherever you get it from in the USA :D

AND... yes of course they are, its just another form of protein. you wont bulk out if your only using a few scoops. And not an anabolic one, or when with creatine, etcc. pure wheys are good, or like I say, go for hemp or pea then you know your safe.

pulsin <--- on amazon, do a great pea protein
  • megaca_2004
    megaca_2004 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually drink protein shakes on days I don't get enough protein. I'm not a huge fan of protein powder though. I found this thread about other protein sources other than powder if you want to up your protein. There's a lot of good options on there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/533511-protein-shakes-not-using-powder-recipes-please