confussed

Options
Ok as title explains im confused.. ive got a 'target calories' and ive tryed to hit the target but finding it difficult but not bee. To worried about it as I thought as the saying goes 'eat less move more' ive been fine. But today my partner got talking to a gym instuctor today and he says im not eating enough calories and if I want to loose weight I need to eat more. He said that my body could 'shut down' that I should have snacks not meals... but im eating when im hungry... gor exple I had ready break this morning with water and splash of milk as I kinda didnt have much milk left. Lunch I had ryvita with a small tin if sardines dinner I had variety of veg and turkey breast steak and I had a mix of whey protein and a couple of ryvia.. I ran oug of fruit yesterdag not had chance to hope to tge shop so couldnt snack on them... but im not a big snacker anyways I just eat when im hungry
Oh I also had z kitkat chunky and a snicker milkshake but again all under my callrie recommend. I still have 800 calories to eat appantly. Im not hungry and the idea if eating now makes me feel.....bleh

Replies

• Thomas1099
    Options
    The trainer was half right. You need calories so your body can function/work. You also need the protein and carbs to gain muscle not fat. Trim your diet down to the calories you think you should be getting and make sure about 35-40% come from protein. That should hopefully put the rest of your numbers in line. And he's right about more meals....your body's metabolism works best when you feed it just enough so you aren't hungry, but do that like 5-6 times a day instead of the 3-4 big meals we normally eat. Your body needs calories to burn so it doesn't go into starvation mode and start burning muscle. Hope this helps a little bit. :smile:
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    can you open your food diary, we may be able to give you more ideas, adding healthy fats like almonds, nuts and olive oil will add good fats to your diet, fruits and veggies, greek yogurt. What is your stats, you may be able to eat this little for awhile, but eventually you will get tempted and hungry and you don't want to binge, you need to make this a lifestyle change, that you can live with forever:)
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The trainer was half right. You need calories so your body can function/work. You also need the protein and carbs to gain muscle not fat. Trim your diet down to the calories you think you should be getting and make sure about 35-40% come from protein. That should hopefully put the rest of your numbers in line. And he's right about more meals....your body's metabolism works best when you feed it just enough so you aren't hungry, but do that like 5-6 times a day instead of the 3-4 big meals we normally eat. Your body needs calories to burn so it doesn't go into starvation mode and start burning muscle. Hope this helps a little bit. :smile:

Don't agree with some of that. It doesn't matter if you eat 3 meals or 6 meals a day your metabolism will not increase that much. In fact the thermogenic effect of food is negligible. You would be far better off eating 3 large meals and feeling full rather than eating 6 small meals and still feeling hungry. You need to find what works for you.

Also starvation mode or going catabolic won't happen unless you eat nothing for a very long period of time, Iirc anything over 7 days of no food. Loads of people are now doing Lean Gains which is an intermittent fasting program where people don't eat for 16 hours and then eat 3 large meals within the 8 hours. These people have shifted tonnes of weight and are very healthy and lean. The guy behind it as stayed at 6% BF all year around doing it with no loss in his strength or energy it's also been proven to have health benefits for doing this. Google Lean Gains.

The old age of what people thought was best is changing so much these days.

A great guide on lean gains can be seen here http://leangainsguide.com/diet/how-to-implement-the-leangains-method-of-intermittent-fasting/
  • LittleMissMetalMe
    Options
    I usually eat alot of protien. What would be considered a snack that would suitable ss I dont feel eat so little.. I carnt eat if im not hingry hense why I have three meals a day...