What song gets you off on the right foot each morning?

Options
2»

Replies

• Scott3600
    Scott3600 Posts: 14
    Options
    I enjoy trance music in the morning!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Pump Up the Jam
    Get Up! By Ciara
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The "Happy Days" themesong! I dare you, (DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU) not to smile and dance EVERYTIME! :happy:
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I feel old after reading your posts! :laugh: But okay, to put me in the right frame of mind with music in the early hours, I listen to Prince of Peace by Les McCann. If I'm looking for something to get me moving, I'd have to say just about anything from the Gap Band or old Motown. Brazilian jazz will get me going with exercise, cleaning, or cooking.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    "That's not my name" TingTings
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I like different options for different moods. Sometimes a classic rock reminder from my younger days, other times a current country song that is fun to sing with, or maybe a classic Janet Jackson to get the feet and hips moving as I get ready. So, obviously I am not a music purist but instead a....non purist, I guess.....as I love and enjoy many many genres and artists.

Would love to hear what some of you love to hear in the mornings?

(No judgement of critism of individual preferences allowed. This is a music snob free zone : ) :wink:

Am not a music purist either. Keeps life flexible, playful, open and fun. The music that humours me enough to get me off and out of my bed, when I'm not feeling up to it is the Rocky Balboa Theme Song by Bill Conti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7_j3G5qJvc ... I'll always laugh out loud first whilst still in bed, before I'll be off readying myself, with my footwork, throwing in a few punches then heading up for those stairs, only on the spot (just like in the movies ~ visualising that I'm running up with him, like some do). Gets my sister (whose my workout buddy) well entertained with rolling laughs every single time.
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    " hold on", by Alabama shakes, just sets me into a positive groove for the day and puts a smile on my face while i sing along badly!
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    This.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRJCAMrmMo4

...and you get 1:50 to prepare. :glasses:
  • TheFonts
    TheFonts Posts: 3
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI30oGmvn90

This song has gotten me through a lot of tough days...
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My wake up alarm literally yells at me to exercise. LoL I found it on itunes

Fave motivational song is an oldie, but goodie.

"Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Segar.

Reason is I would listen to this while singing and dancing with my Mom when I was growing up, so it brings a smile to my face. Its also up beat so that helps too.
  • deb_137
    deb_137 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "Good Morning" by Mandisa. Ultra positive, and just the right tempo for aerobics!

I mentioned this song when I brought this topic up on my Timeline with my friends!
  • deb_137
    Options
    For my morning commute it has to be shamelessly upbeat. Something as cheesy as ...

Walking on sunshine (Katrina and the waves), Footloose (Kenny Loggins), Joyride (Roxette), Fiesta (The Pogues) ... Chuck some classic rock in there and away we go ... I lob in some more recent stuff too, just to pretend to keep up ;)

And Montage by Team America, naturally.

I like all of these as well. I truly have a huge scope of music loves!
  • deb_137
    Options
    The "Happy Days" themesong! I dare you, (DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU) not to smile and dance EVERYTIME! :happy:

Agreed! We all need a bit of Fonzi and Richie in our lives : )