Feeling inferior in comparison to other women's bodies

Options
I hate the summer time. No matter how thin I get, I feel like I don't have the best body or wardrobe in comparison to other girls. The more revealing outfits I can never get away with because I have cellulite and stretch marks in those places. Usually I avoid any summer outings because I feel inferior to those scantily clad girls with nice bodies stretch mark free skin. I wish there was some surgery I could have to cut out the stretch marks so I can wear more sexy outfits

Replies

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    That is a terrible way to feel! I know, I have never been especially happy with the way I look, either. Everyone is ther own worst critic. I'm sure you are a beautiful person, whether you can see it or not. All the best! :flowerforyou:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and cellulite and I refuse to give a *kitten* if others don't like them. I will wear a bikini at the pool or beach if I want to. People who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

Stop worry about things you can't change. It's like getting mad at the weather. Can't do anything about it. Accept it and move on. Stop entertaining thoughts about things you can't change.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that your self-worth is not just tied to what you look like. Learn to like the person you are and focus on the things that you're good at and that make you feel special.
  • Scott3600
    Scott3600 Posts: 14
    Options
    You shouldn't let the way you feel about your body stop you from enjoying summer.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. Quit comparing. You change what you can and accept your flaws. I have stretch marks and idgaf, I wear what I want because I workout lol.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Stop comparing yourself to everyone else.
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know I should feel better about myself. But earlier today I went out and there were a few girls with amazing bodies, and they were turning heads. I can only dream of being able to wear what they had on or even have their figure
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    You can either stay in picking out all your flaws and hating yourself. Or you can give your self a break. Find what looks good on you, and go out with people who love and care about you and enjoy the ONE life you have.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    People who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.
    This!!
    Although I understand the feeling, you WILL waste the rest of your life if you continue to feel this way about yourself. And that is the real tragedy here.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Everyone feels that way from time to time.

sophia-loren-and-jayne-mansfield-ar.jpg

Don't let it consume you.
  • melrunnerbean
    Options
    I wouldn't concentrate on other people and just become and better version of yourself.

Looking at others is not helpful.

We are all made differently. Obviously, i'd like to have features that others have and that I'll never have but i try not to focus on them and embrace what i do have.

Personally i've met ladies who might not have the best figure but they've got the biggest personalities. In my experience, women who look slim tend to have lots of insecurities.

A friend of mine is overweight and she's always saying how pretty she is. I wouldn't dream of saying to someone that I look pretty even if i often get told that I am.

She's got confidence and i find that refreshing...
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. All over Facebook I see iPhone shots of girls I know hanging by the water in bikinis, and I admire how they can sit with virtually no rolls, lines or dimples on their stomachs. If I were in that group pic, I'd look TERRIBLE! I have about 4 rolls when I sit down :s

But I think to a certain degree, everyone has parts of their body that they're not happy with but many get over it & move on. A lot of anxieties we have about our bodies are very minor & pretty much unnoticeable to other people unless we point it out to them. I know many girls that I think are perfect but they think their legs are fat, their boobs aren't big enough or that they have weird hairlines (Yes, the ones on your forehead). Think about it, have any friends/relatives noticed your stretch marks or cellulite? I know that lots of guys tend to not notice stretch marks.

I sometimes notice cellulite on other girls my age, but it doesn't shock or horrify me. They probably have 15 other great physical qualities that outweigh their cellulite like nice hair, pretty eyes, dimples, good style, nice curves, little waist, healthy skin, etc. I think someone with confidence is likely to be seem more attractive than someone who seems scared, embarrassed or like they need help to feel normal.

I see a lot of guys walking around with big bellies & they seem to rock it! I'm told heavy guys get stretch marks too!
  • iorahkwano
    Options
    I've also seen people get clever tattoos to cover up scars & stretch marks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do like I do, focus on the ones that look worse (I know, I'm a terrible person).
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Focus on yourself, and don't let what others look like consume you.

The more positive changes you make in all aspects of your life, the less what others look like matters.

And don't concentrate on others who "look worse" that's a sh*tty way to be.
  • iorahkwano
    Options
    There's also some very cute 50's style 1-piece bathing suits with sweetheart necklines, nice colors, some material covering upper thighs & spanx or tummy control. Even lots of skinny gals are buying these bathing suits just because of how classic they look.

http://www.unique-vintage.com/swimsuits-piece-swimwear-c-417_419.html
  • melrunnerbean
    Options
    I completely agree with you. i fall in the category of people who hates my fat legs and small boobs! When i tell people that I hate my fat legs, people just laugh at me and say what fat legs!

I tend to always cover my legs as there covered in scars and bruises but no-one seems to notice until i point them out.

We are our own worse critics!

I know how you feel. All over Facebook I see iPhone shots of girls I know hanging by the water in bikinis, and I admire how they can sit with virtually no rolls, lines or dimples on their stomachs. If I were in that group pic, I'd look TERRIBLE! I have about 4 rolls when I sit down :s

But I think to a certain degree, everyone has parts of their body that they're not happy with but many get over it & move on. A lot of anxieties we have about our bodies are very minor & pretty much unnoticeable to other people unless we point it out to them. I know many girls that I think are perfect but they think their legs are fat, their boobs aren't big enough or that they have weird hairlines (Yes, the ones on your forehead). Think about it, have any friends/relatives noticed your stretch marks or cellulite? I know that lots of guys tend to not notice stretch marks.

I sometimes notice cellulite on other girls my age, but it doesn't shock or horrify me. They probably gave 15 other great physical qualities that outweigh their cellulite like nice hair, pretty eyes, dimples, good style, nice curves, little waist, healthy skin, etc. I think someone with confidence is likely to be seem more attractive than someone who seems scared, embarrassed or like they need help to feel normal.

I see a lot of guys walking around with big bellies & they seem to rock it! I'm told heavy guys get stretch marks too!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I agree with LorinaLynn. Everyone has insecurities, and chances are, they are more focused on their own flaws than yours. Be confident!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Focus on yourself, and don't let what others look like consume you.

The more positive changes you make in all aspects of your life, the less what others look like matters.

And don't concentrate on others who "look worse" that's a sh*tty way to be.

yes, yes, and yes!!!!
  • startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    Options
    I think what you need a good dose of some self love! Until you get to your goal weight, why don't you find things you love about yourself and focus on that? More likely than not, as you lose the weight, the cellulite will go away (mine has already started to and I've only lost 10 lbs). Be happy about what your body can do for you and will do for you on a daily basis. Play up your pretty eyes or put on a cute tank top with jeans. Thats what I do till I feel ok in shorts again :)

Oh and screw not wearing a bathing suit! There are some way cute high waisted ones out there. American Apparel has super adorable ones!