Making progress

Options
Just a brief introduction, as instructed.

Based in Somerset, UK. 42 years old and always been a big bloke.

Since around Feb/March I've been using Slim Fast and taking more exercise (I've really got into cycling in a big way) and by July I'd lost around 3 to 4 stones in weight. I've been here before twice: once using the Atkins diet and once just using a calorie controlled diet. Both times the weight came back after I'd got to around this point. It came back quickly and I was heavier than before.

I recognise the signs of the diet failing this time too. So I'm really pleased to have found myfitnesspal. I love the calorie counter; the database is superb. I also cannot believe how many calories I seem to burn by increasing my exercise - so that's the biggy for me this time round.

Anyway, hope to chat to some of you and encourage you too.

Any cyclists want a training partner?

Regards,

Wurzelino

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on getting back on track quickly. This is a great site like you have found out. I ride my bike as much as I can and there is a great group here of cyclist. I don't do the road biking though since around here we mostly have gravel or grass paths and so I have a mountain bike type. I don't get the speed or the distance they do but I sure burn the calories. Best of luck in your success. Check under the fitness, or motivation for the bike links.
  • immortala
    Options
    Welcome, I joined yesterday and am already in love with this website and the app on my phone. If I'm out I can even check how much something is before I eat it!
    Good luck x