Losing Weight, Bisexual, Dating sites?

Options
missimperfect
missimperfect Posts: 66 Member
So My Fitness Pal friends I have a quick question..

I've come to terms with my sexuality a while ago, but I haven't exactly come out. Now that isn't the question in mind here.

I just wonder what you think about online dating?

It's hard for me with my lack of confidence, still being obese and my sexuality to feel remotely comfortable dating. I feel unwanted. Yet I also feel like I'm 21 years old and my life is passing me by and I'm just getting older not younger. It seems like everyone around me has someone and it's getting rather lonely over here...

I guess I'm just at a loss for what to do..

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I think that online dating is risky. People tend to push forth an image that's not necessarily true. I'd hate to see you get hurt by liars. Hang in there! I'm open to MFP friends. Welcome!
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I met my husband online, not say I didn't meet some losers before meeting him. You have to be careful and if you think something is fishy, there probably is lol. Gotta trust your instincts when it comes to meeting people online.

My husband and I have been together almost 2 years (sept) and we couldn't be anymore in love.
  • lbranham0601
    Options
    Well, congrats on coming to terms with your sexuality!! That's awesome and takes a lot of courage. I know, I may be married to a man and have 3 kids, but I love my women too!! Not like anyone should blame me, I mean look at 'em... : )

I also agree with the other post that online dating can be dangerous, both physically and especially emotionally. I totally agree that you are young and need to have some fun but as for relationships sometimes the best thing is to just have your little flings and focus on you until the right person comes along. I'm in my 2nd marriage while my husband (who is 15 yrs my senior) is in his first. So I mean sometimes it's best to wait. Don't get discouraged though, work on you and being happy with who you are. Surround yourself with people who love you for you!!

Please feel free to add me as a friend, we can all use support!!
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    yes, sure. why not? there are creeps everywhere...
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with online dating. I think it's a really good way to get to know somebody before meeting them. But, like with anybody (and I'm sure you already know this) I would suggest meeting them in a very public place or with a friend. I am skeptical with everybody I meet (online or otherwise) so I always do that.
  • nottaquitter
    nottaquitter Posts: 130
    Options
    I have no problem with online dating. I think it's a really good way to get to know somebody before meeting them. But, like with anybody (and I'm sure you already know this) I would suggest meeting them in a very public place or with a friend. I am skeptical with everybody I meet (online or otherwise) so I always do that.
    Speaking of which, You come here often
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options

:blushing: You noticed? :smooched:
  • nottaquitter
    nottaquitter Posts: 130
    Options

Like minds think alike:love:
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I think that online dating is risky. People tend to push forth an image that's not necessarily true. I'd hate to see you get hurt by liars. Hang in there! I'm open to MFP friends. Welcome!

And this is different from other types of dating how?
  • xoRicanmel
    xoRicanmel Posts: 137
    Options
    Be comfy with who you are, no matter your sexuality. I use to be that girl lacking confidence..and people actually notice things like that which is a turn off. Your beautiful and young, do things that boost ur confidence and that make u feel sexy. As far as online dating been there done that, I don't knock it.. u might just find the man/girl of your dreams.. just be cautiousand never meet anyone alone. :)
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options

Like minds think alike:love:

tumblr_mbgcgg7ebX1riqizno1_250.gif
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options
    ps, MFP is a GREAT place to find sexy people who might be interested! If you haven't joined it yet, there is a group on here for LGBT+ people and it's awesome!

ETA: for support and discussion in general, not just dating.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    21 is old now?? brb, going to apply for AARP membership.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    21 is old now?? brb, going to apply for AARP membership.

I know - right?!

You have your whole life in front of you - it sure as heck isn't passing you by!

I would approach online dating with caution, but it seems to be how the world is going these days. Just remember, deception is easier online than in person, but just as prevalent. And more power to ya! I'm too chicken to go that route. I met my first ex online before you were born and it didn't go well. Met my 1st husband in a bar after I left him, and it went far worse! :laugh:

Whatever you decide to do, be careful and don't ever settle. :)
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I think dating, like most things, becomes more comfortable the more you do it. The more you date the more you get a better handle on what you like and don't like, and can fine tune what you're looking for. So. Jump in! Just be smart about it, the way others have suggested. If you sit around hemming and hawing about it, life really will pass you by. Good Luck!