i feel so defeated!!!

Options
yesterday, i did turbo jam fat blaster, and had 5 very small nutritional meals. they were all healthy and all together i had 1200 calories yesterday. i weigh 151 pounds, and im 5ft0... i gained weight over night though!...and i dont get why... i gained 0.3 kg...
i dont understand how that happened, when usually with fat blaster i loose like 1 pound over night!...have i hit a plateau with this work out? this is the 1st time ive done it in months though...i dont understand what happend...=[ i feel like i wanna give up!

Replies

• MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Okay, don't give up over a minute weight gain. It could be some muscle mass developing. It could be some water weight. Did you drink enough yesterday. It is possible your body has adjusted to this exercise if that is all you are doing. Maybe try another Turbo Jam DVD, or start another program and alternate the two.

Whatever you do. Don't give up over this. You still on the right track.!
  • tishamarieann
    Options
    No offense but you cant really think that loosing a 1lb overnight is really weight loss, thats just salt, true weight loss happens after consecutive excercise, like when you work out several times a week and then weigh in at the end of the week and loose a pound, thats true weight lose 0.3kg is nothing i would'nt even blink at that, i was 183lbs, now depending on the day and types of food, i linger between 132-135, i dont even blink at it thought because i know its water retention or salt, if i move everyother day, i look at what i end up at the end of the week as being the most permanent # to go by.. Hope you stop being so hard on yourself, really seems like huge expectations out of one day?!:smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    #1 stop weighing yourself everyday. Try weighing yourself once a week, the same time preferably first thing in the morning after you empty your bladder.

Maybe you ate a little more salt and retained a bit of water, maybe you didn't have a bowl movement or it was smaller, maybe you had more undigested food in your stomach, etc.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    daily weighing is not an accurate fat loss measurement. Water weight, waste retention and muscle dialation all play a role in your daily weight and can fluctuate between 5 lbs above (just over 2 kg) and 5 lbs below your actual weight (that's a 10 lb possible swing, though most people only swing a couple of pounds). There's really nothing that's super accurate for daily measurement. The body just doesn't work that fast. Fat loss is a relatively slow process, and can't really be accurately measured at home on a daily basis. You just have to trust that the system works and take bi-weekly or even monthly measurements (not just weight either, size measurements, exercise health and stamina, clothing sizes, and the mirror test all are important tracking tools).
  • Fiona711
    Options
    about 10 days ago I "gained" 4 lbs. during my period; I didn't get discouraged and stuck to my calorie plan and, voila - a couple of days after my period I had lost another pound, consistent with my average of 1 lb. a week. Now I know better than to weigh myself every day. :-)
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    about 10 days ago I "gained" 4 lbs. during my period; I didn't get discouraged and stuck to my calorie plan and, voila - a couple of days after my period I had lost another pound, consistent with my average of 1 lb. a week. Now I know better than to weigh myself every day. :-)

Awesome analogy!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    When you workout hard your muscles get sore and the also hold more water weight because of that. I wouldn't weigh in more than once a week.

Don't be discouraged. You can do this and you are off to an excellent start.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When you workout hard your muscles get sore and the also hold more water weight because of that. I wouldn't weigh in more than once a week.

Don't be discouraged. You can do this and you are off to an excellent start.

So true. If you worked out at night and weighed yourself first thing in the morning of course the scale showed a gain. I had to learn the hard way that weighing yourself every day is not a good idea. Our weight fluctuates so much that weighing every day becomes very self-defeating.

Don't give up! You're doing great!