Best Way to Log the 30 day shred?

Options
Is there an accurate way in logging Jillian Michael's 30 day shred in my exercise log? I want to make sure i'm displaying the proper amount of calories burned! :) I start tomorrow! I'm excited!

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Do you have a heart rate monitor? That's definitely the most accurate way. Otherwise, you might want to join the 30 day shred group and try to find someone who did the program with a similar weight, height, and fitness ability (as close as you can find) and see what their calories were. You can also google it and see what the most popular burn is. I would go a bit on the lower side with that though, just to be safe. It's hard with those types of programs if you don't have a heart rate monitor but there are always ways to get as close as possible. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
  • Happy_Harlow
    Options
    Oh a heart rate monitor is a great option. I will have to see if I can find a good affordable one! :)
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I log it as "Circuit training - 20 mins" I don't know if thats right, but until i get a HRM i figure its close enough!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM, so when I do a JM's DVD I log it as a circuit training or calisthenic vigorous. MFP calculates the calories according with the stats in my profile.

If you think that the system gives you too many calories you can choose not to eat all of them back, unless you want to buy a HRM

Good luck!!