Going back to school and extremely excited about it

Options
happyheart15
happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
I went to college when I was 18. I didn't know what I was doing there, didn't know what I wanted to major in, and was depressed with several issues. My heart and mind just weren't in it. I ended up dropping out after about 2 years. Several, several years later, I'm going back. It just struck me about 3 weeks ago to go back to school and get my bachelor's degree, and I've been doing research on it ever since. I've applied at my local community college and am going to finish my general studies there before transferring to a 4-year school.

I've always been "meh" about finishing college up until a few weeks ago. I felt like college is not for everyone (me included). But I feel it IS for me now! I'm super excited about going back! I did well in high school, but I've always hated math and science. lol I Even though I'm scared of those subjects, I feel I'm teachable and ready for the challenge. I can't wait to get my mind back into learning again! I'm even excited to take take tests and get grades! ha

I just wanted to share! Any other people recently decided to go to school or back to school as a non-traditional student? What made you want to go back?

Replies

• Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same boat sorta! I graduated highschool a year early and was pumped to go to school. Quickly lost the feeling of excitement, but enrolled in culinary school. Hated it, and dropped out halfway through. For years I couldn't even think of anything I wanted to go to school for. Now I'm enrolled 3 years later in a college that starts up in August, and I'm really excited again! Good luck!
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I go back to school in September too. I am 35, i decided i hate my current career, and if ever i was going to do something different, it should be now. So i am retraining to be a beauty therapist. Really excited, but a little nervous.
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am going back to school in September also been 8 years since school :bigsmile: can't wait "free food" (they charge semester fee for food that is less what I am paying now) but I don't have to worry about paying for food for couple months :laugh: Can't wait to have all the food that I want to eat for "FREE" :wink:

I am going back to school because I want to get a good job in the future. Was not happy with the job I had previously. I am taking online courses right now but the workload is horrible :cry: not used to having to do so much homework
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you all!
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I miss college so much...learning, being challenged, socializing with others in the same boat. Didn't enjoy it much when I was IN college, of course. Takes the rare amazing professor to make it worthwhile, IMO. Have fun!