So how many think 2am is a terrible time to start a diet?

Options
So, its 2 am, and I've made a life decision. Bad idea or great idea? The question really is how I'm going to force myself to stick with it. I'm nearly 30 and weigh almost 250 lbs. I have said I'm going to lose weight "later" for about 10 years now, ever since my first son was born. There was always a reason to do it 'later'.

Well, I think the time is now. Later never seems to get here, and I'm sick of being fat. I hope that I find the willpower to stick with it this time. I'm terrified though really, and have no one that I can really relate to. I've always been the fat friend. How is it that damn near all of my friends are all skinny?! How does that even work! Lol.

Well, I've heard great things about myfitnesspal, and I hope this community is supportive. I'm looking forward to the ups and the downs, and if anyone wants a weightloss buddy please send a message my way. I know it'll be easier if I can find someone to lose weight with!.

Take care everyone and good luck!

Kristi

Replies

• kimberk67
    Options
    2am is a great time to start, anytime is.
    I started one day last week at work in the middle of the day. I just decided that I was tired of the # on the scale doing nothing but escalating.
    You will find the willpower to do this, you already have, you signed up and have already posted a blog.
    Don't be hard on yourself just remember to do your food diary.
    Take care,
    Kimber
  • cpu22girl
    Options
    You can decide to change your life at any moment! Good for you and good luck, this is a great site!!
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    Anytime you decide to make the change is good, theres no point in putting it off and ''start tommorrow''

I was always a I'll start monday kind of girl, but that didnt work by the time monday came around i'd put it off again. This time I made the desicion and started straight away, althought it wasnt 2 am.... I tend to be asleep then if i can help it lol!

Good luck xx
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    It's a fantastic time to begin your new life! You won't even believe what a brilliant decision you just made. This site is fabulous! The members are supporting, motivating, friendly, and the site itself is addicting. Read the newbie posts, spend time on the forums. Have questions, ask. These people are here for the same reason, to live longer and happier. So much information! Give it a go, and real I'm all in go. Log your foods (if you bite it, write it) , log your exercises (even a 15 min walk adds up) and most of all, log in every day. welcome!
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    :happy: Yep 2 am is a perfect time to begin this new life journey. I agree...you made the first hard step and that was to join in. This is a fantastic site and I love it.

just remember:

:heart: "IF YOU EAT IT OR DRINK IT ~ YOU MUST LOG IT" ! Sometimes you will goof up and not want to log everything but make yourself do it even if it puts you over your calories. That will help you more then you know.

:heart: pick a weigh in day and stick to it every week

:heart: stay in touch with all the great fitness pals. they really do become a great support.

:heart: Don't call it a diet !
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU !
    Darlene
  • ksblah
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate the support thus far. One of my main problems is that I eat too much fast food. With my schedule it seems I'm always on the run and then by the time I get home, I'm too exhausted to cook a healthy meal. Any tips?
  • immortala
    Options
    Personally I think its a great time to start, I started half way through my day yesterday. If your ready why wait until a certain day and a certain time.

Good luck x