New - Started Cambridge diet today

Options
First day on the diet today. Not been to bad but the porridge tasted putrid! This will be one heck of a challenge but determined to get there

Replies

• bmq98
    bmq98 Posts: 78
    Options
    hi. welcome! I'm new here too. I don't know about the Cambridge Diet, but I wish you success. I will send you a friend request. Stay in touch :-)
  • Hughes39
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck with the Cambridge diet. I've never heard of it. What is it?
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey there :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP :bigsmile:

I'd never heard of this diet so went researching :wink: Honestly emmm not sure if it's a healthy one :blushing:

This is where I read some of the following :wink:

Read more: Cambridge Diet - Diet Review http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/Cambridge_Diet/#ixzz0yVXpmGFG

PRO

* Cambridge Diet contains all the essential nutrients
    * Has a proven success rate
    * Safe for diabetics and those with high blood pressure

CON

* Its limited consumption of food may incite excessive eating
    * May be too calorically-restrictive for some individuals
    * Does not teach you to eat in a healthy and long-term way
    * Long-term weight loss may not be sustained
    * Calories might be too restrictive for exercise

Wishing you all the best and hope that it may work for you :flowerforyou: sending you a FR :drinker:
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    Wow I remember when the Cambridge diet was popular here back in the 80's - is it still very, very low calorie meal replacements? Good luck with it, I know I could never do it.
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thats a blast from the past.
  • sparky710
    Options
    Hey everyone, bit dissapointed with peoples reaction to the diet I am on and having to defend myself a bit. Thought this would be the place to support and encourage people. Ok, the diet is a bit "full-on" but at least I am doing something.

Me and my partner are doing the diet together and although only in our first week, we are already talking about how we change our lifestyle and eating habits once we have reached our goal weights
  • SkinnySkelton
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! If it works for you keep it up!
  • subtilty
    Options
    I tried the Cambridge diet about a year ago, I hate to give a bad review of it to you but I have to be honest. In a week and a half I had lost 10lbs! I was so happy I had, but I was always so hungry. I saw my doctor as I was getting very tired and never had any energy and he basically told me that the lack of food etc and super low calories were going to cause me major issues. I ignored him as you do when you see such great results and had lost a stone before the 3rd week until I collapsed and had to get admitted to hospital for a day. Within a week of a controlled diet I had put all the weight back on and it took a long time to get my body back to how it was and to find the energy to do stuff. I am only 1 case of the diet so obviously my experience could be completely different to yours but had to give my experience.

I wish you all the best though :D
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I hope you wern't offended by my reply, it was just the last time I had heard of this was about 1980. Everybody used to be on it but I thought it was taken over by slimfast. I wouldn't knock anyone's diet. I've tried them all and I really hope you are successful. I tried the slimfast but I was hungry all the time.

How are you going so far? Please keep us posted. Good luck.