learning to be self motivated... could use some help lol

Options
skyzfit
skyzfit Posts: 14 Member
So i started a Diet on July 8th even joined a gym... again lol. You know how it is right? In the past I have been really good about _____________(fill in the blank) then loose determination/ interest and quit . I prefer to have accountability so I can't just push the snooze button if you will. Well, today I did my own ab workout at home because no one could go to the gym today. Then get this I decided to check out this site that a friend had said might be helpful in this journey. Now i hadn't weighed myself because I didn't want to get in the habit of that and then get discouraged but I am happy to report I have noticed though that my pants feeling a little looser then normal. Okay so today when I weighed myself and took measurements (which i didn't think to do before drats) so I could utilize some of the tools and other helpful info from ppl on this site, to my delight I found out that I have lost 10 pounds since the 8th. Now there is that not nice voice that says" uh huh well whoopie doo can you keep it up?" To this not so friendly voice I have said "shush!"" I am not going to be discouraged, who cares that it is said that ones weight can fluctuate around 5 pounds a day." "No, I am taking this and adding a point to the side Victorious!"
So Yay for the positive and while i will do my best to keep up this bright outlook any positive feedback, motivation, ideas in general would be greatly appreciated because it is always more fun to be self motivated when you are not the only one :laugh: :happy: :wink:

Replies

• suzanneranda
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss!! I'm a lot like you, I do better when I've got "outside motivation"....even the plan of rewarding myself with an expensive item I've wanted for years (a Lily Pulitzer dress) has not kept me on my plan lately. BUT, I found something that I think may do the trick....I joined the HealthyWage website and signed up for their MatchUp Challenge as well as their BMI challenge. Now that there is actual CASH on the line (cash that I stand to lose out of my own pocket, plus the incentive of WINNING even more), I think I'll be able to stick with it!:happy:
  • Jeanet69
    Jeanet69 Posts: 19
    Options
    The best motivation of all is not to give up but keep trying. Think about the progress you made &how much dedication it took to get there. Weight loss is never easy or quick but if you keep pressing on-even when you fall off the wagon- you will get there!! You may also want to try to find Weight Loss support groups in your area. If you select Meetup.com, select your area and the interest weight loss, fitness or nutrition, you can find support groups in your area (and most of these groups are free.) Keep pressing on- you can do it. Good Luck :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    sign up for a race. something challenging, where you go "oh, i'm not ready for that."

and then you get ready.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    sign up for a race. something challenging, where you go "oh, i'm not ready for that."

and then you get ready.

THIS
  • dinoskycm
    dinoskycm Posts: 267
    Options

and then you get ready.

THIS! I used to be like that too where you can't get self-motivated, but when I started running, I fell in love with the sport. When I first started, I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds at all, and now I'm running for about 15 minutes. I have never been able to run before, so each step I take in the c25K program brings me such a level of accomplishment that I just want to do more. Running is one of those things that sucks you in because you get a feeling of accomplishment and what's called "The Runner's High," Try it out and see for yourself! I also registered for the Color Run so I had something to prepare for, and it was so much fun!! I'm doing the Electric Run in a week actually, so this will be my second 5K, and I'm anxious to break my PR. :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    learning to be self motivated... could use some help

18FsuYi.gif
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

and then you get ready.

yup
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

and then you get ready.

THIS

I signed up for a half marathon. With friends. In Vegas. So a race, airline tickets, and hotel room kept me motivated to train. Didnt want to let my friends down. Just like here.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    654.gif

ETA: sorry OP, it's just that your title made me smile.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Buy a really expensive piece of exercise equipment, then you will feel compelled to workout on it, otherwise it will have been a waste of money. Lol.

I bought a treadmill, a really big one (like the ones in the gym, with inclines, built in fan and heart monitor) I spent a fortune on it, too! When I feel like I CBA with the treadmill, I remind myself how much I spent on it, combined with feelings on guilt for denying myself the workout, I usually end up getting up and jumping on the treadmill for half an hour.
  • skyzfit
    skyzfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas!
    for those days i am just not self motivated support is even more appreciated.