I knew I had lost a lot of weight when _________...

Options
Cannon_G
Cannon_G Posts: 77 Member
I was able to drop 115 pounds in a little over 7 months. Here were some of the surprising things I noticed during or after the journey that I didn't expect.

I knew I had lost a lot of weight when...

1. I was able to wrap a normal bath towel around my waist.

2. I compared my electricity bill from the summer before. My bill dropped like 40% since I no longer had to keep the house as cold as I did when I was overweight.

3. I was out running and I didn't recognize my shadow.

4. All of my ties were about 3" too long. My neck went from 19" to 15 1/2".

5. My watches with bracelets had to be resized. I lost 2" in my wrists.

6. I flew on an airplane and didn't feel uncomfortable.

7. I was able to ride the Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios. (I went when I was 300+lbs and couldn't fit in a normal seat.)

8. I bought my first pair of slim fit jeans in my life.

9. I stopped having to flip my seat cushions over every week because they were crushed.

10. My fitted baseball caps no longer fit. I didn't expect my hat size to change at all.

I would love to hear your weight loss surprises.

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. MY PANTS GOT LOOSE
    2. MY WEDDING RING GOT LOOSE
    3. PEOPLE NOTICE AND ASK
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss!

1. When I put on my old favorite pair of shorts and they wouldn't stay up, they kept falling off.

2. I had to poke a hole in a belt I couldn't wear before because now its too big.

3. I put on my homecoming dress from high school and it fit better than it did back then.

4. People always ask me if I've lost weight.

5. All of my rings slip off.

Ahh its a wonderful feeling, isn't it? :D
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I couldn't keep my pants up even with belts because the pants and the belts were way too big.

My wedding rings didn't fit.

People who hadn't seen my for awhile didn't recognize me.

I could fit into our theatre seats in our den with my son side by side.

My butt started hurting after sitting for a short time because there wasn't any cushion left.

I was always freezing because I lost all my insulation.

I'm sure there are many more and I relate to a lot that others have mentioned...
  • awesomeshark
    Options
    1. I didn't get tired walking up a flight of stairs.
    2. I had to start wearing a belt in my jeans because they were too lose.
    3. I didn't breathe as heavily or as loudly as I used to.
    4. I noticed my chin fat get thinner and thinner

Losing your first 25 pounds makes a huge difference if you have less than 60 pounds to lose.
  • harleykat64
    Options
    1. Shirts I used to wear are now more like sundresses.
    2. Wedding rings were way too big ( had to resize them down 3 sizes and now they are loose again)
    3. Bath towels wrap all the way around me.
    4. I am ALWAYS cold.
    5. My hips no longer touch the arm rests when I sit down in a movie theatre seat!
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss!

1. Had to poke new holes in my belt to keep my pants up.
    2. Watched a guy in the mirror at the gym walking up behind me, checking out my butt as I deadlifted.
    3. If im in a rush I will run and not get tired.
    4. I get compliments frommale family members/friends about how well I've done.
    5. I stop eatingbefore I get uncomfortably full.
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ....when my stomach stopped doing the harlem shake while walking. :)
  • carmenteacher
    Options
    When I looked at my denim jacket over a chair and thought it belong to someone else, so I left it.
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1. Able to wrap a bath towel around myself without there being an opening.
    2. My aunt told me she thinks I've lost too much weight (I haven't. I'm still way overweight).
    3. My XL shirts starting getting baggy on me, so I started buying large, and now THOSE are starting to get loose on me after being almost skin tight at first.
    4. I can't fill up my bra cups as well as I used to. My D sizes are about half full of air now!
    5. Some of my shoes are too big on me now. When I tie the laces on some, I have to tie them tighter which results in them coming so far down on either side that they touch the ground.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!