NSV victory!

Options
Today I was helping my grandma move, and she commented that I definitely looked like I lost weight, and that I looked healthier than the last time she saw me!

Then, when we were going through some of her stuff, we found the gloves (the white silk with pretty edging kind, not the winter knit, one size fits all kind) she wore to her high school graduation (in 1942) and they fit me! My hands tend to be the first things that show any weight changes, up or down, so for fancy antique gloves to fit was pretty exciting. She ended up giving those gloves, and a couple other pairs to me!

I still have a long way to go, but I'm so psyched now! I love finding pretty things at vintage and antique stores, but I never get the clothes because they won't fit me, but now I'm seeing that as I become healthier and lose more weight they will!

Replies

• many_worlds
    Options
    That's really cool! And if your grandma is anything like mine, she would be just as likely to speak her mind if she thought you gained, as well!
  • soccerdog693
    soccerdog693 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's really cool! And if your grandma is anything like mine, she would be just as likely to speak her mind if she thought you gained, as well!

True that. If I have ANY changes my grandmother make sure everyone knows!
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Overall my grandma is super nice and sweet, but when it comes to weight, she notices ANY difference, and comments. I think if she were still living with us I wouldn't need MFP, she definitely watches what others eat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!