evil a.k.a sodium

125again
125again Posts: 28
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
so I switched my diary to track my sodium intake because it's been bad for the last two days. I've worked out and have been able to stay under my calorie goal for 3 days. should I bother weighing myself tomorrow because of the large sodium intake? how long does the excess sodium stay with you? days? a week?

thanks

Replies

• omg I dont even want to think about sodium intake....
  • so I switched my diary to track my sodium intake because it's been bad for the last two days. I've worked out and have been able to stay under my calorie goal for 3 days. should I bother weighing myself tomorrow because of the large sodium intake? how long does the excess sodium stay with you? days? a week?

thanks
    That's a good questions! My sodium has been high for a few days too, and weigh in is Thursday. Hopefully it's gone by then!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Sodium is a killer. I would say up your water intake a tad to flush the sodium out of your system. You do need SOME sodium, but if you over did it then yeah, I would say up your water intake and maybe do some extra cardio to sweat it out!
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Water, and some fruit will help. Also getting a good cardio workout in will help.
  • If you drink lots of water it should be able to help flush out the sodium. I know it's hard to keep that under, sodium is in everything...
This discussion has been closed.