I Decided to Get Vaser Liposuction and I'm VERY Happy

Options
I know this is an unpopular topic, but I wanted to share my story for those on here who might be contemplating liposuction.

I am a female in my late 20s. 5'4" and btw 135-138lbs. I work out 3-4 times a week and eat a diet of 1500-1600 calories a day. I've been maintaining my ideal weight for years, but I could NEVER get rid of my belly (35" at its biggest). I always chalked it up to bad genetics (my "apple shape") and was resigned to being unhappy.

After being tired of hiding my body, I spoke to several doctors about the option of lipo. They were shocked by my disproportional gut and amount of loose skin I had. Several asked if I had had kids (Uh...no). I did a ton of research and finally decided upon Vaser Liposuction. The procedure is done under local anesthesia and I went home the same day.

Four weeks after my procedure and I'm happier with my body than I've ever been in my life. I've lost 5 INCHES OFF MY WAIST and I can finally see those ab muscles that were hiding under the fat :-)

For ME, lipo was the right decision. I still eat right and work out but I finally am HAPPY with my appearance. If you're contemplating lipo, do your research and speak to SEVERAL doctors about realistic expectations. For the right candidates (e.g. people already healthy), lipo can be amazing in spot treating.

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I've met many people who were happy with their lipo results. The problems happen when a person is obese and expects lipo to make them a super model. It really is helpful for those who have isolated fat deposits, and can be a boon when getting a good fit for clothing.

Congrats!
  • LittleMissMetalMe
    Options
    I wisb I could get lipo on my belly... I hate that area and not liking my arms with lack of muscle ... I bid you good luck and the best
  • HolyPeas
    HolyPeas Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm happy for you, truly. So many people never consider options like this because they are so self righteous and resign themselves to never being totally happy.

In my opinion, if you have the money for a procedure like this and you are a good surgical candidate, I think its fantastic.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I might be nuts, but this sounds like an advertisement to me.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    This post really needs before and after pics to be useful
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

I thought the same but I was wondering if it was just me.

Anyway liposuction can be dangerous can't it? I'm not vain enough to risk my life to look better.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think it's an ad given her previous posts--if it is she's been setting it up for some time. I am just surprised she went from "not gonna have lipo, gonna work it off" at the end of May to "had lipo, super happy" in less than two months. But if she's happy and healthy, that's what matters.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    OP congratulations! I have exactly the same issue with my shape and I have in the past considered lipo in a fantasy sort of way because of it (in reality, I'm too mean to spend the money and too averse to unnecessary medical intervention to ever actually go through with it, lol). I have heard that it leaves minor but visible scarring though, so it works well as an option to look good clothed, but not so good for visible skin. What's your experience?
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it leaves minor but visible scarring though, so it works well as an option to look good clothed, but not so good for visible skin. What's your experience?

I remember when lipo was first introduced. The article said the patient had to chose whether s/he wanted to look good in clothes or naked, if the later, to avoid lipo. But I will be interested in reading the OP's response.

I also would want to know what happens a year after the procedure. For example, one used to read about the body replacing the space where the fat was with liquid.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Anyway liposuction can be dangerous can't it? I'm not vain enough to risk my life to look better.

I also thought that. Looking at the poster's history, very few posts and most of them are about lipo.

Pics would definitely be useful for a before and after. If I'd had lipo and got rid of my mummy tummy I'd be showing that off!
  • JeffersJJ
    JeffersJJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Probably the best written ad on the site.

New user. No friends. No details. The ad says late 20s, but the profile says 30 yrs old.

Off with you, spammer.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Probably the best written ad on the site.

New user. No friends. No details. The ad says late 20s, but the profile says 30 yrs old.

Off with you, spammer.

Yes and the username is a bit odd. For the people asking for before after pictures, anyone could put a fake up so that's no proof.
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Lipo? Dont you mean the surgery to remove excess skin since you mentioned the amount of loose skin you had? I'm confused. lol
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the username is weird.

Of course most of our names are weird. I just thought the use of a trademarked name was odd.

I plan to have a TT and breast Re-Perk when I'm a couple years into maintenance, I hope it's not dreadful.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

All surgery carries with it inherent dangers. Any time you introduce anesthesia into your system you are taking a risk, not to mention possible infections and other complications.

I agree totally that vanity is not worth your life.
  • NoNewFriends
    NoNewFriends Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey definitely not spamming. "No New Friends" is a song on the radio right now with Lil Wayne (Sorry. I'm showing my age!)

I was lucky in that there was no rippling or bruising, but given that I'm young (29 going on 30) and never had kids, I had decent overall skin quality. I think recovery definitely gets harder with age and if you're prone to bruising. I'm not a doctor so I'd ask during a consultation.

Overall, I'm very happy with my results. Again, this was Vaser lipo and not traditional lipo or a tummy tuck. My biggest thing was not to undergo general anesthesia. Interestingly, I visited several plastic surgeons who told me to get traditional lipo but the cost (around $8000) and anesthesia turned me off.
  • fightingthin
    Options
    If you are considering to do vaser this blog is quite good about facts & very detailed, though I am waiting for the final result pages, too little information online, besides before/after picts. http://thefatthingirl.blogspot.co.uk/
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I know this is an unpopular topic, but I wanted to share my story for those on here who might be contemplating liposuction.

I am a female in my late 20s. 5'4" and btw 135-138lbs. I work out 3-4 times a week and eat a diet of 1500-1600 calories a day. I've been maintaining my ideal weight for years, but I could NEVER get rid of my belly (35" at its biggest). I always chalked it up to bad genetics (my "apple shape") and was resigned to being unhappy.

After being tired of hiding my body, I spoke to several doctors about the option of lipo. They were shocked by my disproportional gut and amount of loose skin I had. Several asked if I had had kids (Uh...no). I did a ton of research and finally decided upon Vaser Liposuction. The procedure is done under local anesthesia and I went home the same day.

Four weeks after my procedure and I'm happier with my body than I've ever been in my life. I've lost 5 INCHES OFF MY WAIST and I can finally see those ab muscles that were hiding under the fat :-)

For ME, lipo was the right decision. I still eat right and work out but I finally am HAPPY with my appearance. If you're contemplating lipo, do your research and speak to SEVERAL doctors about realistic expectations. For the right candidates (e.g. people already healthy), lipo can be amazing in spot treating.

Could you please explain the procedure? How's that different from a regular pilots unction? And local anesthesia only?! Isn't it crazy painful?

And what happened to your lose skin? Is it removed during the procedure?

And pictures would be appreciated!
  • carpetbagger12000
    carpetbagger12000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I lifted this from a vaser liposuction clinic's website. It might answer some questions about this procedure.

SMARTLIPO
    SmartLipo™ is the first and only laser-assisted system to offer a revolutionary and minimally invasive procedure for the removal of fat. Using a high-powered laser, Smartlipo™ is a new Laser Body Sculpting procedure that results in less down time and side effects than traditional liposuction.

The laser works first by liquefying the fat cells to create a smooth liquid. When the surgeon suctions this out it will come out smoothly and uniformly rather than pieces of fat cells as is the case with traditional liposuction. Also, the laser coagulates small blood vessels and heats up the deep surface of the skin, thus resulting in less bleeding, less bruising and tighter skin.

Most patients undergoing SmartLipo™ at our clinic in Montreal, need only a local anesthetic, whereas conventional liposuction can sometimes require general anesthesia. SmartLipo™ patients are typically back to work within 2-4 days following the procedure.
  • lindsayvernon
    lindsayvernon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Strange, the user has now deactivated their account.