Postpartum support - looking for friends

Options
Looking for people to support my endeavors at weight loss after recently having a baby. Especially some been there done that kind of advice. Hoping to lose between 60-80 pounds at least.

Replies

• skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I lost around 30lb after the birth of my middle child. Now I am trying to lose the weight I gained during my third pregnancy. I know this is my last baby, so I am really determined to get the weight off! I found it very difficult to lose when I was breastfeeding a small baby, but now she is 11 months it is easier. Are you breastfeeding? If so, go easy on yourself, as crash dieting can reduce your milk supply. My biggest challenge is avoiding finishing up the kids' leftover lunch - but now we have chickens in the garden, it is easier to leave as I know I can give it to them to be turned into eggs!
  • akgrown4
    akgrown4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am breastfeeding but thankfully have a well-established supply as I have been at it now for eight years, even through pregnancies. I am down 20 so far since my son was born though I know most of that is the easiest to shed as I haven't really started dieting just yet. Trying to work on getting back into the habit of logging my meals.
  • katnav1
    katnav1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am currently trying to lose the weight gained during my second pregnancy. lost 9lbs so far by cutting down on carbs, trying not to eat them for dinner and only eating brown bread and pasta instead of white. I am 4lbs away from pre pregnancy weight but I would like to lose another 8lbs on top of that to get back to a healthy weight. Am also breast feeding.
  • skinnysushicat
    Options
    I find knowing how many calories to eat when breastfeeding really difficult. I have also been feeding for years no - 5 altogether, with a 2 month gap at one point when I was very pregnant. I find as my baby gets older and feeds less, it's easy for me to carry on eating the same - and therefore gain weight. And I am hungry ALL the time. I have to just learn that 'slightly peckish' seeps to be my default state, and do my best to ignore it.
  • uwsmama
    uwsmama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I gained 70lbs with my first and lost the majority of it (came off on its own) then got pregnant again and gained 60lbs. I now have a 12 week old and a 2 year old and the weight is hard to come off. I have started doing C25K 4 days a week and 30 Day Shred videos 6 days a week. It's incredibly hard because my husband works incredibly hard hours and I have no help but I know we can do this!!!
  • akgrown4
    akgrown4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's an issue I have had too, the constant feeling of hunger. Ever since giving birth I feel like I am hungry sometimes only two hours after a meal.
  • skinnysushicat
    Options
    How old is baby? Like I said, if s/he is small and exclusively breastfed, don't ignore the hunger too much - my milk production definatly reduced if I ate too few calories.