Newbie through my 1st week & looking for friends

Options
It's my first week and I LOVE this site. The app just makes everything so easy to keep up with during the day. Haven't gotten around to posting pics yet, but sometime this week I will. I managed to lose 8 lbs. so far in my first 6 days. I'm just waiting till tomorrow to post my final total. Like a lot of people I go through periods where I'm motivated and other times when I'm not, so my weight seems to fluctuate between ranges, but has still managed to head in the downward path that I'm looking for. I've been losing in stages for over 7 years or so, but this time I'm keeping it off for good. The level of motivation seems WAY different for me this time around. No more yo-yoing!

This week has been an easy one for me, but I'm looking for some motivational friends to keep me honest and help keep me going on the weeks that I work just as hard and manage to somehow gain a pound instead of lose 1. I hate those weeks! They suck and they're SO unfair, but they do happen quite often unfortunately :grumble:

Replies

• LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    your more than welcome to send a friend request my way:) wishing you nothing but the best of luck on your journey:)
  • hkall23
    hkall23 Posts: 10
    Options
    Absolutely! Thanks for the help Liz...and you're from Clearwater! Just hope you're a Phills fan too :smile:
  • liormintz
    liormintz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Same here. I am on everything.
  • Nexxxir
    Nexxxir Posts: 7
    Options
    I'll add you, I am the same!
  • lynettesellarscarey
    lynettesellarscarey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just join a week ago also. add me and we can help each other :happy:
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me ;-)
  • a_sparkles
    a_sparkles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well :)
  • hkall23
    Options
    Thanks everyone

To a_sparkles, nneoma1900, Nexxxir, lynettesellar, liormintz and PerLouise, thank you ALL. To give your time and support to someone you don’t even know...and can’t even see either, I gotta get some pics up this week...says a lot about all of you. :wink:
  • aprilbeal1
    aprilbeal1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me as well.

It's not my first week, but I've been working for one month today. I have lost 20lbs so far but still have a long way to go. I had one week were I didn't lose anything and was so surprised and depressed and then the next week I lost several pounds. It's hard to stay motivated when you have even a small gain when it appears you've done everything right. The key is to not give up!
  • elsieblack99
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll have been on this site one week. You're welcome to add me for mutual motivation! :D
  • hkall23
    Options
    Add me as well.

It's not my first week, but I've been working for one month today. I have lost 20lbs so far but still have a long way to go. I had one week were I didn't lose anything and was so surprised and depressed and then the next week I lost several pounds. It's hard to stay motivated when you have even a small gain when it appears you've done everything right. The key is to not give up!

Wow!! 20 lbs in a month is great April. You should be really proud of yourself. Keep up the good work ;-)
  • emmajo99
    emmajo99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in my second week on the site, and would love some mutual motivation! My boyfriend is (supposedly) doing this with me, but he just isn't as committed as I am to making a lifestyle change, so I would love some outside support! Feel free to add me!
  • hkall23
    Options
    Elsie & Emma...yes & yes. Thanks for the invites ;-)
    Emma you're doing awesome! You just jumped right in, didn't you? LoL...6 already is killer
    And Elsie that's SO cool that your family all got into it like that. The only thing I can get my family into is a bar or pool hall, LoL
  • amberpickens
    amberpickens Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • shellyfatfree7
    shellyfatfree7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd day, and first week, too! Motivation is definitely difficult. Feel free to add me. I have no friends on here either :)
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can add me.... let the motivation begin :)

I'm a relative newbie, on here for a couple of months now, so it's an open invite to anyone that would like a new pal to motivate and be motivated by :bigsmile:
  • sandrajohnson10
    Options
    Hello it's my first week a well and I've weighed in a day early as well. I've lost 10 pounds, I've been counting my carbs as well as my calaries. I know every week won't be as today but bring it on
  • diannab1
    diannab1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My first week too, recommended by my DR. Looking for friends too so send a request :)
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP almost a year now but am always looking for new friends to support and to be supported. Have lost and gained the same few pounds for the last 2 months. and yes it sucks!!! Add me if you like. Good luck!!