Hi! Would you like to be friends?

Options
Half a year ago, I was at 265lbs (coming down from approx 300lbs, which is only due to depression and financial stress) and decided to lose another 40 pounds. But this time the right way, not by starving myself.

I didn't have the capacity to fix myself emotionally AND dedicate myself to a weight loss and health improvement journey at the same time, so I slacked. I ate a lot. Mostly I just snacked a lot or ate a portion of healthy food too many, as well as drank my calories.

I'm back up to 277lbs and I started to feel crappy again, so earlier this week I went back to counting calories and exercising. I've been under my calorie goal all week so far, even though that TOM is right around the corner. By now, I would have put on several pounds of water and snack weight already, but I actually lost almost a pound instead.

I don't care for a goal weight and don't really have one anymore. I just want to feel better and be healthier. I'm just setting myself up for about 10lbs at a time so I have something to work towards, but if I'm happy at 250 or 220 - it doesn't matter what the number is, as long as I'm happy and feeling good! (As an FYI, I'm 6'1" and don't want to weigh less than 200-220lbs. I like being a bit chubby and would probably not look very good if I were lean and skinny because I don't have the proper build for it. My sister does, but not me!)

Something that I find I really crave is some emotional support. I easily cheat on myself, but I have a much harder time letting other people down. Although I have some great friends already to keep in touch with, I was hoping to share some motivation with others as well!

I'm particularly struggling now because my ankle gave out and I can't exercise properly for a little while. I'm trying to curb my snack habit late at night (I work from home, freelance hours) which is proving challenging. Is there anyone willing to listen to my cries of agony because I crave but am not hungry? Someone who won't mind regular updates on what I'm going to be doing for the day, and who can share all the same with me?

My diary and everything is open to friends only, so please send me a message? :) I'd love to get to know more of you and talk!

Replies

• bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...friend me anytime!!! By the way from your face you don't look that big!!
  • daftthoughts
    Options
    I feel your pain...friend me anytime!!! By the way from your face you don't look that big!!

Friended you! And thank you, I don't feel terribly big/fat either. Like I said, I'm big in build and not really supposed to be super skinny. I just have some excess fat in my gut and upper arms that I'd like to do without, otherwise I'm totally fine with how I look. :)