The scale is going down, but my clothes aren't. =S

Options
Hi! I'm on my 3rd week of attempting to live a healthier life. So far, I have lost 6.6 pounds. Although I do physically feel better, I haven't noticed a change of how my clothes fit.

Is it too soon to expect these kind of results?

Any comments will help.
Thanks! :)

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    It wasn't until I hit 10 pounds that I realized my pants were falling off.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Depending on your current size, a dress size is anywhere from 10-20 pounds. Too early to expect to be dropping any sizes yet - but keep with it and you'll get there :)
  • Capucine7
    Options
    I find I need to loss at least 10lbs before I start to see a change.
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've had to lose 15 lbs in order for me to really see a difference. My mom noticed that I lost weight before I could see it. Now all of a sudden my jeans are too big!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    It wasn't until about 15 pounds that I noticed my clothes fitting looser, and it wasn't until about 30-35 pounds that I needed to buy a size smaller. Give it time, you'll get there.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I had this problem as well, only after losing 21lbs I was not seeing my clothes fitting different, or my measurements changing. Something the manager @ the gym told me is to make sure to eat SOMETHING before working out, because otherwise your body could be burning muscle instead of fat.. and hence your measurements will not change.

I also noticed that I always wore "bigger" clothes than I needed. So my already big clothes fit me fine because I like my clothes big. So even though my body is changing I am still wearing the same clothes because that is what I am comfortable in. However, when I went shopping I tried on a smaller size than normal .. and THEY FIT! So don't underestimate yourself!!!

If you are looking for a good alternative snack before the gym, try Pria Protein bars! They are good for you and taste good.. I only can find them at Jewel Osco though.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    it was between 15 to 20 lbs for me. my clothes stopped feeling tight at first. now i'm budgeting for a new wardrobe and plan to try the clothing swap on this site.
  • Becky011
    Options
    Hey There -

Don't be discouraged - you are doing it the right way! 3 weeks in and nearly 7 lbs down is great! Slow and steady will keep it off :)

I'm about the same place you are (in terms of # of lbs lost) I notice that my clothes fit a little better but i still have days where i feel discouraged because of course i want to see more of a change. Excercise is a BIG part, I am starting to see more toning (versus cellulite.) I would look for those kind of changes until the clothes start hanging off you. In the past I didn't notice big changes in sizes until around 15 lbs.

Other people probably already notice a difference, at least a little. my boyfriend commented on a change in me. It will take a little more for me to really notice and definately more time to see it in the clothes.

Keep it up!!! :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yes, it could be too soon. Everyone loses differently so don't compare your results with someone else's. I didn't lose a full size until I'd lost close to 20 lbs and that was only up top. I've only recently seen a change in my lower half and I'm only at 22 lbs. I've had to work really hard to lose body fat and not just water or muscle.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I was just coming back to suggest using the BF tool @ your gym? Maybe your body is shifting so your not losing clothes size, but your BF or BMI could still be gong down. If you don't go to a gym there are other ways to check your BF too.
  • absenceofmortality
    Options
    Judging (sp?) by the comments, I suppose it's normal to not see any difference until I hit the double digits.

I usually do eat about an hour before I work out, and my BMI has gone down! :)

Thanks a lot, everyone! I appreciate the support! :D

<3
  • nosipho
    Options
    I've lost 9 pounds but haven't dropped a dress size yet. But people have been telling I look slimmer. I think it's different for everybody.