Feeling inferior in comparison to other women's bodies

Options
2»

Replies

• jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    I feel the same way about myself and then get really angry at myself for not measuring up. When I have those moments (which do seem to happen more often in the summer) I have to take a step back and remind myself that I am being overly critical. Everyone is so wrapped up in their own worlds no one is going to notice or care if I am wearing shorts or a bikinni.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    This is a confidence thing, not a weight loss thing.

Chances are the other women are looking at you and thinking the same thing, feeling bad because you are slimmer than them and wishing they were like you!

Not sure where you are from but here in the UK we have something called 'Bio Oil'. I've started to use it on my stretch marks and the creases that seem to have appeared since I've lost weight. Maybe you could try something like this.

As for what other people think, fk 'em! You are beautiful, you are amazing, you are sexy! Be proud of yourself and what you have to offer. What are your good qualities? Everybody has them! :smile:

Don't put your life on hold until you get to goal weight, work on improving your self confidence because it'd be awful to get to goal weight and still find that you don't like yourself :heart:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Stop. Just stop. Those other women are doing the same as you are and all that does is breed self hate.
  • angiecapner
    angiecapner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    maxi dresses...fashionable and easy to wear what ever size you are..
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. Quit comparing. You change what you can and accept your flaws. I have stretch marks and idgaf, I wear what I want because I workout lol.

This oh so much this.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I feel ya.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I hate the summer time. No matter how thin I get, I feel like I don't have the best body or wardrobe in comparison to other girls. The more revealing outfits I can never get away with because I have cellulite and stretch marks in those places. Usually I avoid any summer outings because I feel inferior to those scantily clad girls with nice bodies stretch mark free skin. I wish there was some surgery I could have to cut out the stretch marks so I can wear more sexy outfits
    There is a surgery, it involves lazers I believe.

That being said I doubt that will fix the way you think. Be happy with yourself, everyone has their imperfections.
  • Pixilox
    Pixilox Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to do that too, until a friend pointed out that 'rather large' men are seen at the beach in Speedo's and no matter my size I still looked better than them :). We all have flaws (and usually a story or two behind them) so embrace them. It's what makes you, you!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    First, perfect bodies don't last forever. As we age, we are bound to get wrinkles, dimples, stretch marks, age spots, and so on. As I grow older, I am learning to just enjoy the moment. Time goes too fast to get caught up in looks. If you avoid things because you feel inferior, you are missing out on making great memories with friends and family.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and cellulite and I refuse to give a *kitten* if others don't like them. I will wear a bikini at the pool or beach if I want to. People who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

Stop worry about things you can't change. It's like getting mad at the weather. Can't do anything about it. Accept it and move on. Stop entertaining thoughts about things you can't change.

Yeah, I agree with this.
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks on my hips and breasts since I was a teenager (ah, puberty), and I've never been overweight. I also don't think I've owned a one-piece since my mom let my buy my first bikini. :) Be proud of what you've got and wear whatever makes you feel good. Odds are, those other girls are way too concerned about what other people think of them to even begin thinking about you.

That said, if you feel self-conscious wearing more skin-baring outfits, you don't have to wear them! Wear whatever makes you feel sexy and confident.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    We all have "inferior" areas because we're not perfect. I hate my thighs, like seriously... thanks Mom!

... but I know that there are certain areas of my body that are gorgeous as well. So I choose instead of focusing on the bad to focus on the good and play up to that. I can always do more squats to work on my thighs but I don't obsess anymore.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    GOOD NEWS: Other people are way more concerned with themselves than you.
    BAD NEWS: Other people are way more concerned with themselves than you.

("If you realized how seldom other people think about you, you wouldn't worry so much what they thought about you." - My Mom)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I hate the summer time. No matter how thin I get, I feel like I don't have the best body or wardrobe in comparison to other girls. The more revealing outfits I can never get away with because I have cellulite and stretch marks in those places. Usually I avoid any summer outings because I feel inferior to those scantily clad girls with nice bodies stretch mark free skin. I wish there was some surgery I could have to cut out the stretch marks so I can wear more sexy outfits
    There is a surgery, it involves lazers I believe.

That being said I doubt that will fix the way you think. Be happy with yourself, everyone has their imperfections.

Also where are your stretch marks? Most of mine were removed during a tummy tuck surgery since that's where they mostly were. So yeah there are such surgeries.

Butt dimples though and other imperfections, I mean are you really looking at these beach girls as close up as one would need to get to you to see yours? I doubt it. I venture to guess you are seeing them from a distance and are noticing their smiles and laughter and if you got up and started living your life people might look at you and think you had none too. Just because they'd be blinded by your awesome smile or your shiny hair, or your phenomenal volleyball spike or whatever it is that makes you YOU. Those are the things you should focus on and then everyone else will too. Just if you see someone pull a microscope out at the beach then maybe put on a towel lest they see your tiny imperfections. Barring that, have fun.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a negative view of myself ascetically. That said I NOW look back at pictures of myself at 21 & think damn I was pretty :smokin: No way do I want to look back when I'm in my 80's & think why did I waste my life feeling insecure & not making the most of life by stressing.
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had a conversation with a friend of mine the other day about fat, stretch marks and loose skin. I'm ~122 lbs and she's ~130 lbs. We are both close to 5'0". I'm pear shaped and she's apple shaped but we have similar "widths", butts and thighs. We just carry out weight in different places and I probably have more lean mass.

She never noticed that I have stretch marks everywhere, even on the backs of my legs. My highest weight was 163 lbs and I have had stretch marks since I was 9. I have also never had a stranger comment on them. Believe me, no one is looking as hard as you think they are.

My friend is looking at my waist wishfully, and I am thinking man, if I only had boobs more like hers. It's a perspective thing.
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Everyone feels that way from time to time.

sophia-loren-and-jayne-mansfield-ar.jpg

Don't let it consume you.

OMG lol....way too funny, i probably be the on in black too.
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't concentrate on other people and just become and better version of yourself.

Looking at others is not helpful.

We are all made differently. Obviously, i'd like to have features that others have and that I'll never have but i try not to focus on them and embrace what i do have.

Personally i've met ladies who might not have the best figure but they've got the biggest personalities. In my experience, women who look slim tend to have lots of insecurities.

A friend of mine is overweight and she's always saying how pretty she is. I wouldn't dream of saying to someone that I look pretty even if i often get told that I am.

She's got confidence and i find that refreshing...

well said.