New here & need motivation to get that six pack!

Options
Hey I'm new to the message boards and I am trying to lose around 20 or more pounds to try and get a six pack. What are some good tips to get a six pack? Also, I log everything I eat and it would be awesome to have a motivation buddy. Feel free to add me and give tips. Thanks.

Replies

• awesomeshark
    Options
    Bump.
  • futurereporter88
    futurereporter88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like.

I don't have a six pack, but wouldn't mind one either ;)

However, I do know that to see your abs you definitely need to eat clean, clean and of course work them abs!

I recently read in the newspaper (take whatever credibility you would like from this) that to see your abs it's about 70% diet and 30% exercise. If that helps :)

Good luck on your weight loss!!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN, NOT THE GYM!!!! Just sayin'. :happy:
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Going to be a tough journey ..your body fat % needs to be in the mid teens if not lower depeanding on how developed you want your abs to be. Proper and balanced dieting is crucial as well. You cant spot reduce fat..genetics says where you gain it and also where its lost from.
  • 6ofone
    6ofone Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm new also just started the Insanity program, didn't see the results after I finished p90x because I didn't watch my food all I did was ditch 90% of the junk, now I'm learning how to eat clean 100% and keep track on here, feel free to add me. I know I have a six pack somewhere under my shirt, lol
  • awesomeshark
    Options
    Going to be a tough journey ..your body fat % needs to be in the mid teens if not lower depeanding on how developed you want your abs to be. Proper and balanced dieting is crucial as well. You cant spot reduce fat..genetics says where you gain it and also where its lost from.

I've read that your body fat has to be something like 8-12%. That's pretty low but doable in a few months I think.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN, NOT THE GYM!!!! Just sayin'. :happy:
    ^^^ THIS^^^

Good luck. And do it now if you can. I'm on the same journey trying to get the same six pack. But it is much easier for you. Trust me. Those 40 years in age difference makes a world of difference. I know it ain't easy and may be impossible at 57. But I'm not giving up. If you want to see someone trying it from the opposite end of the age spectrum, feel free to add me.