Got to get back in shape!!

Options
I've been in shape before and I'm going to do it again!!! I remember when I lost weight and got it shape before and it was soooo much easier to workout when I was fit!!! Working out when you are heavier and uncoordinated sucks!!! Slowly but surely I'm starting to put myself first again and I need to stick with it....taking care of other people is important, but my health is more important!!! How do you put your health first? What's your strategy? How do you just say no to others that interfere with your exercise time???

Replies

• stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    As a full time working mom of two, I have to plan. Then I work the plan--my family is completely on board as they see the results and that I'm keeping promises to myself. Sometimes I say no, sometimes we compromise doing our best to make it win-win. I just keep remembering that if I were on a plane in an emergency, I would put my oxygen mask on first or be useless to everyone. Same thing here. I'm responsible for myself and I want my daughters to be self-reliant and play the leads in their own lives, too.
  • jrfit79
    jrfit79 Posts: 30
    Options
    Do you workout from home or the gym? I find I can focus more when I'm at the gym to get a great workout but it's easier to workout a home because I don't have to "pack up" the kids/arrange childcare.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I put my health first by planning ahead and buying healthy food/produce. I get up early to workout so that no one is interrupting me and so that it gets done before life gets in the way. And yes, once you get used to it, it does get easier:)
  • jrfit79
    jrfit79 Posts: 30
    Options
    The morning workout is a great suggestion!!!!! I can't wait for when it gets easier when I can do the DVD workout moves with coordination! Thanks again for the replies!!!!!