ello guys&girls

Options
Giving this message board a try. Typically a troller to message boards here. However, I woke this am and said what the hell, give it a shot. I've been on fitnesspal for a few months. My focus has been getting fit and eating right, shedding a little weight in the process. Anyway- I wanted to say hello!

My recent struggle has been with loosing the last 5 pounds. It just seems so hard! ugh... encouragement/advice....?

ps-
I am vegetarian. Avoid starchy carbs from pasta and breads.
Oh, and I have a terrible sugar addiction. : /
this would be my downfall. any suggestions?

Replies

• mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    As far as sugar addition goes, I can recite chapter and verse. About 6 weeks ago I quit excess sugar (candy, cake, cookies etc) cold turkey. good news is - I haven't had any withdrawal symptoms.
  • ohsoretro1
    Options
    Hey mama.

I'm in the same boat. Not into message boards but occasionally I look at this one when I'm procrastinating. :)

I am trying to lose 15 lbs, I was in great shape two years ago and then got sick and fell off the tracks. My body turned into mush. I didn't gain a lot of weight but I gained three dress sizes. Getting back into the routine of tracking meals and trying to exercise when I have the strength.

I am a vegetarian too, and a huge sugar addict. My saving grace summer has been Shakeology. I know a lot of people don't like protein shakes, and Shakeology does have a cultish following to it but it's really helped increase my energy. I make them so thick that I need to eat it with a spoon and it satisfies my ice cream cravings. I also drink a cup of skim milk with a teaspoon of vanilla. It curbs sweet tooth cravings and my hunger.

Good luck on your last 5 lbs!
  • mamatron8
    mamatron8 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in similar boat. I was doing really well until about a year ago. At that time I was down to whole foods, beans, vegetables, nuts and fruits. I was exercising. I looked and felt great! Then, I had some personal tragedies which threw me off track. I ate whatever and I started smoking....eek :/

This March, I decided to get back on track. I returned to exercising in March. At that time I was around 152 pds. As far as diet goes, I've taking baby steps- tweeking and cutting out things slowly. still smoking. Not much, maybe 2 in the evening. But yeah- thats gotta go too.

Shakeology? I've never heard of it. I'm not opposed to protein shakes- I will check it out- thank you!