133lbs to lose

Options
Hi, I've been on here before and lost 58lbs in about 5 months. Fell off the wagon as I am an "all or nothing" guy.
I need to learn balance and moderation. Did it on my own before but i now realise i need support from others.
I'm a 45 year old male, 6'2" and 354lbs.
Hopefully i can give back some support too.

Replies

• awesomeshark
    Options
    Hey, I know what you mean by all or nothing when it comes to weight loss. I've lost 30 pounds in 4 months and I'm slowly going back to my old eating habits. I still have weight to lose, but it's hard to stay motivated and keep going. One thing that has helped me is to record everything I eat on MFP. Well anyways, good luck on the weight loss and feel free to add me.
  • chopsim1
    chopsim1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I can't understand why i gave up because i felt so much better after losing that much. I bought some new clothes, didn't get out of breath and felt more confident.
    So why did i give up and return to being obese, unfit and embarrassed again.
    Maybe i'm just lazy.
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Snow and I'm an all or nothing addict ...:)

It doesn't WORK!

New mantra moderation not deprivation...
  • chopsim1
    chopsim1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I'm Snow and I'm an all or nothing addict ...:)

It doesn't WORK!

New mantra moderation not deprivation...

I agree....great mantra too.
  • awesomeshark
    Options
    So why did i give up and return to being obese, unfit and embarrassed again.
    Maybe i'm just lazy.

Forming new eating and exercise takes hard work and dedication, but you know what's easier? Going back to not exercising and eating junk. I've been through many cycles of losing weight and then gaining it back due to laziness and bad habits. I have yet to find the motivation to achieve long term weight loss. Maybe we can motivate each other.