Fell off the wagon! :(

Options
last 4 day had been crazy at work... Was working 14 hours per day and had no energy whatsoever to work out after work.. And also ate very bad! Am very disappointed in myself! :(

Hope to pick up things again from today... Let's see....

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again. Don't beat yourself up, just make a new decision. You'll do fine!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Today's a new day - rather than just waiting to see if it works out, make a plan and make it happen. Schedule time to workout and don't allow yourself to not do it. Take an hour to sit down and make a meal plan for the next week, including stuff you could take to work for meals there, and then go grocery shopping. Shopping is pretty quick when you have a list and stick to it! Some days are hectic and we all fall off the wagon at times, but what's important is that you learn from it and use your not-so-hectic times to plan and get ahead, to make the more hectic times a bit easier and less stressful since you've already done the planning!
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's o.k.! Don't beat yourself up! I used to do that all the time and you have to just get back on track. You can do it!
  • suzyq2992
    Options
    todays a new day you cant turn back time just move forward and learn from what we have done all will be fine just get refocus and stay strong you will be fine hugs
  • last 4 day had been crazy at work... Was working 14 hours per day and had no energy whatsoever to work out after work.. And also ate very bad! Am very disappointed in myself! :(

Hope to pick up things again from today... Let's see....

I just went through a 2 week period just like this! I'm slowly learning to leave the past mistakes where they belong .... Yesterday! Life happens! Stick with MFP .... Record your food and exercise .... Set a short-term, realistic goal .... And when you reach it make sure you tell all of us!! A pat on the back and a "WTG!!" is worth a lot! OH .... And don't forget to find a healthy way of celebrating your reached goal!! :bigsmile:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    SPEED BUMP! So it made you slow down, now that you are over it there is no need to stop and look back. It won't be your only one, we just need to pick up speed now and keep motivated. Mine was the long weekend. Camping on the wild west coast, there was no power, no internet, so I didn't track what I ate for the first time since I started. I know I ate healthy meals, but I also had Irish cream in my coffee and other things not normaly on my menu. I am in this for the long haul and if I get back to my ruitine of healthy eats and exercise I will not look back at the weekend with any regrets. It was just part of the journey.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that is me sense i stop smoking:noway: iv been falling on all the time off the wagon all the time.but i get back on
  • mfgt
    mfgt Posts: 2
    Options
    You are not alone, I have very good days and some bads days too. I liked what somebody said about making a list, planning for the rest of the week and set time. Even if you work out 10 min in the morning and 10 in the afternoon things will be different. It was a bad day...or a bad weekend but you can make it a good one now!!! you can do it!

I say that to myself oftennnnn...Write down the way you would like to see yourself. I have created a vision board and I reassure myself when I am down I am going to make it!!! Yes your are going to make it!!!

I appreciate the support that everybody is giving you through this board. Have a great week!!! and lets talk on Friday to share with each other how things went.

Maria
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    Trained motorcycle riders know to turn their head and eyes and look at where they want the bike to go. If we look at the curb, we hit the curb. Don't focus on what happened or that is where you will keep going. Instead focus on your long term goals, where you want to go and you will get there.
  • bethlumino
    Options
    SO glad i am not the only one...we had a stressful week, then the holiday weekend with family and friends, I ate and drank more than i should...Yesterday i was so discouraged with myself that i overate AGAIN! SO TODAY IS A NEW DAY, Back to drinking water and eating RIGHT!!!
  • spicygal123
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support!! :flowerforyou:

I started my journey again today... Watched my diet and also worked out! :smile:

This is a great site.. Thank you everyone for taking out time to cheer me up and motivate me! I appreciate all of your kind words! :)
  • txbabes1
    txbabes1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Trained motorcycle riders know to turn their head and eyes and look at where they want the bike to go. If we look at the curb, we hit the curb. Don't focus on what happened or that is where you will keep going. Instead focus on your long term goals, where you want to go and you will get there.

I love this!!!