Hello from a new member

Options
Hi, everyone! A little bit about me - I have tried many weight loss programs over the years - some that worked and some that didn't - but none that I stuck to long term (thus my driving need to try another time). My goal is to lose about 80 pounds, and I am not expecting this to happen overnight, or even within the next week or month. My oldest son is getting married next May, and I want to look fit and fabulous at the wedding! I have found over the years that the programs where I had the most success is when I faithfully journaled everything I put in my mouth, and where there was a network of supportive/nonjudgemental people. So, with my nifty new iphone, I figured I no longer have the excuse of not being able to track my food intake anytime/anywhere, and this looked like a good site to try. Today is a new day, and I look forward to your support on this healthy living journey.

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    Having an iPhone is how I found this site as well. I lost about 25 pounds before I got here and I knew the next 30 would be even harder but recording what I eat has helped. The other thing that has helped me so much is exercise. At the advice of my son, we got a high quality elliptical like you would find in a gym. It is enjoyable to use and my wife uses it routinely as well. I strongly encourage exercise. If you cannot manage to get a good elliptical, join a gym. It may cost more but you will be very happy how the pounds fall off. At the same time you will greatly enhance your fitness as well as your overall appearance. A gym might cost you $30 a month but by May the total would be under $300. That is not a lot of money to spend to help you reach your goal.
  • mkmorris430
    Options
    I am new too and today is my first day! I wish you success and can't wait to hear how My fitness pal works for you!