What do you know about these protein shakes?

BootsDBA
BootsDBA Posts: 11 Member
The Walmart I go to has these brands:

Six Star Pro Nutrition Whey Protein

Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein

EAS Soy Protein

Those are my options. I got the soy, mainly because it was the cheapest and I was just trying it out, but it has a lot of carbs and sugar, whereas the others didn't. The soy was also vegetarian, which is necessary, and I didn't see if the other two were.

Are any of these good/bad? Or are they basically the same? I'm not looking for muscle, just upping my protein intake.

Replies

• I'm not sure about those, but I drink AdvoCare's Meal Replacement Shakes for breakfast every day. They're a 1:1 ratio of protein & Carbohydrates. It's a predigested protein so your body doesn't have to work to break it down (eliminating bloat)... and they're DELICIOUS.
  • I've never found a Soy Protein that tasted nice...Just saying...
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    I use the EAS advatedge shaks. They are the ONLY ones that do NOT leave that nasty tin taste in your mouth. Very reasonable and easy to keep. I have tried slim fast (NASTYYYYYY) Walmarts (very mealy tasting and just not good) I do have a jar of the Jillian Michaels that I use when I am in a pinch and have not bought my regular ones. It is "OK".
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    a friend of mine uses the Moo milk ones and says they are not too bad.
  • lisacsmith16
    lisacsmith16 Posts: 63 Member
    I use BODY BY VI for shakes... as of this morning I have lost 26 pounds. 2 shakes a day and clean eating... Love the taste of them and they WORK!
  • sav3175
    sav3175 Posts: 47
    You have to watch the sugar content in those and look at the ingredient list you never know what kinds of chemicals ur putting into ur body. I drink shakeology not trying to be sales person on u but ive tried diff protein shakes and this by far has been the best for me
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    1. Why is in necessary for the protein to be vegetarian?
    2. Protein powder comes from sources like milk and cheese, not hamburgers
    3. It's protein powder. Don't over think it. Get one, try the taste, if you like it, keep using it.
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    I used the EAS shakes and loved the taste, especially served over ice and drank with a straw. The problem I discovered was that I have a sucralose intolerance which caused serious intestinal distress while drinking them. I switched to a protein with real sugar and not a substitute and have never had a problem.
  • Dechant63
    Dechant63 Posts: 59
    Optimum Nutrition double rich chocolate. Only brand/flavor I can continually drink.
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Is there a difference between a "shake" and a scoop of protein powder in a glass of almond milk?
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    I like Spiru-Tein. It is all natural and comes from plant-based protein(the algae "Spirulena") so it is packed with lots of healthy vitamins and nutrients! They offer some unsweetened ones. Livestrong has a good article about it:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/316219-spiru-tein-weight-loss/

Edit to say: They are delicious blended with a banana and some almond milk and honey. I don't like to just mix it with milk because the powder forms little clumps...

They are sold at the health food stores where I live.
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Optimum Nutrition double rich chocolate. Only brand/flavor I can continually drink.

Seconded.