My squat challenge results so far!

Options
So.. this is my first post and I'm being really brave with it...I've always had issued with my bum so I'm trying the 30 day squat challenge too. A bit later than everyone else but better late than never. photo on the left is day 7... I did take a day one photo but I got all upset because I still looked the same come a week later. Please ignore the bad lighting on the 2nd photo. There is a difference right? Any tips for maintaining this when (if) I manage to finish this? I have been tempted to quit so many times but am seeing a bit of a difference now I think...

http://tinypic.com/r/2qu44yw/5 (PS I don't know how to to this photo thing :embarassed:)

Replies

• Chlochloeaway
    Options
    Butt is definitely starting to look a lot firmer :)
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I think you look more toned all around! Nice work.
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    There is totally a difference! Look at your knees, too. It also appears that your waist is more defined. Way to go!
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Totally can see the difference. You are doing GREAT!!!

I'm doing a squat challenge too.
  • BayBay1956
    BayBay1956 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yep, definely noticed a difference. Keep up the good work. DO NOT give up!!!!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    2qu44yw.jpg

To post a photo, past the photo link between the image tags, but make the IMG lowercase: link goes here

And definitely see progress - good job!
  • Nezumimi
    Nezumimi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here despite having the app on my phone for the last year or so I appreciate your replies :flowerforyou:
    I forgot to mention that 2nd photo is day 13 so I still have quite a bit to work through! I had gotten into a nasty habit of eating too many take aways, I'd been feeling down with my job (in a call centre so not active in the slightest) and had pretty much stopped excising altogether. I realised how I needed to act now to sort it out before it ended up a pain in the *kitten* (pun not intended... but I still giggled) to sort out. I'm trying to eat healthier and take care of myself better because I'd gotten myself into a downward spiral of being lazy and feeling crappy.

I definitely reccomend to anyone taking before pictures because I was pretty much ready to quit today but I feel a lot better now. I wasn't expecting miracles in 2 weeks obviously but I tend to have a bad frame of mind with these things. The first photo makes me sad ! :embarassed: but I'm working on it and that's what counts I think :3
  • Nezumimi
    Options
    Thank you :) Although I think I kind of like it better with my bum hidden away in a link someone has to paste hahah. It's really...in your face otherwise haha! I will bear this in mind for future posts. I will try to be a bit more active on here instead of feeling crappy on my own!
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    i think i may start this... i want her butt!
  • cammyguk
    cammyguk Posts: 2
    Options
    I started this today so it's great to see the results.

I am also running trying to get to running 5K and the 30 day abs challenge too.

Well done and keep it up
  • Nezumimi
    Options
    I started this today so it's great to see the results.

I am also running trying to get to running 5K and the 30 day abs challenge too.

Well done and keep it up

Good luck! I'd love to try running but I am way too shy to actually go outside and do it! Post your results up too, I will make sure I put up a picture on day 30. Everyone on here is really supportive! It's a lovely community :D You've really helped boost my determination to get this done! :bigsmile: Thank you!
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm on day seven of a squat challenge, I hope my results are like yours!
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    how many squats are you doing and how often?
  • Nezumimi
    Options
    how many squats are you doing and how often?
    30-day-squat-challenge.jpg
    I did 130 tonight, but I'm following this.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    you did 130 squats!!! wowsky, squats are good. i think regular picture updates would be a good idea, sent to my personal e-mail address (i kid i kid :tongue: ).
    another good way of firming yo buns is to do butt bridges, and it wouldnt hurt to hold a cushion/ball/foam roller between your knees while your doing the bridge, this works out all the muscles in and around your butt aswell. i say this as squats can get a bit testing on the old knees after a while.

single-leg-glute-bridge.jpg

Mark-Verstegen-Med-Ball-Glute-Bridge.jpg
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You look great and it is totally working so keep at it!:smile:
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference. I'm going to start the squat challenge..

Thanks for posting your results so far!!:smile:
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The best workout for yor butt..Brazilian Butt lift ! :)
  • mdstrickl
    mdstrickl Posts: 3
    Options
    I think I may try this! Not sure if I will post pics but I'll definitely post updates. You're doing great!